Support for new ver 2.0 thermostat adapter

wlodekd

Any other advantages from the 2.0?

From the SH site:

Rev. 2 New Features

Reports changes in temp, temp setpoints, mode, and fan mode

Controller functionality on heat call, cool call, and fan call (auto & manual ON)

Supports +1, -1 degree on incremental bright/dim commands

Off Button functionality - If you want a link to respond to an Off command instead of an On command, send an Off command from the INSTEON controller within 30 seconds of linking and before any other INSTEON commands are sent.

Also, they are offering a deal until Jan 20th where you can trade in the 1.0 for the 2.0 for $20.

From the email I received (presumably for those of us who purchased more than 90 days ago) if you buy a new adapter (for $100) you can send in the old one for an $80 credit (which must be used within 180 days) - essentially a $20 upgrade if you were planning to buy more Smarthome stuff...

From the email I received (presumably for those of us who purchased more than 90 days ago) if you buy a new adapter (for $100) you can send in the old one for an $80 credit (which must be used within 180 days) - essentially a $20 upgrade if you were planning to buy more Smarthome stuff...

This is how I understand the offer also. (I spoke with a sales rep)

I have confirmed that it will cost "net" $20, but they are out of stock. When it showed in stock it was for the old 1.x version. They have since moved it to out of stock. They hoped they would have them tomorrow, but were unsure.

So, I still have my 1.3 version for at least a few more days.

I have confirmed that it will cost "net" $20, but they are out of stock. When it showed in stock it was for the old 1.x version. They have since moved it to out of stock. They hoped they would have them tomorrow, but were unsure.

So yours is over 90 days old?

So yours is over 90 days old?

Yea, probably about 6 months or so.

I got the 2.0 version. It says 2.0 on the back, and the version (according to the ISY) is .91.

The ISY was able to tell it was a Tstat, but I haven't been able to test anything else yet. I am waiting for the temp in the house to change and see if the ISY will be aware of that change. Frankly I don't know if the ISY software will know what to do with that change when it is reported. I will let you all know. (I have disabled my tstat query BTW.)

W

EDIT: It looks like the ISY ignores the changes as they come from the tstat. (Or maybe the ISY tells it not to send them somehow?)

In any case, I still need to query the tstat.

We will have to ask the guys at UD to do some re-coding to resolve this.

Hi Walter, thanks so very much for the update. The next release will also support change of state events directly from the thermostat SO you might have to remove them from ISY and then add them back in (especially if you want to include them in scenes).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I replaced two thermostat controllers with ver 2.0. ISY(2.7.7) recognized them without a glitch with automatic linking option.

Fan controll is working now, I can turn fan on and off (Auto is turning fan off)

Bets regards Walter

Archived