KPL and REST Question

davidn70

Hello,

Using the rest interface, if I go to:

(legit IP is in place of IP OF MY ISY)

http://IP OF MY ISY/rest/nodes

It shows the addresses of KeyPadLincs as

(legit data/address is in place of X.X.X)

X.X.X.1

X.X.X.3

X.X.X.4

X.X.X.5

X.X.X.6

I get it that .1 is the ON/OFF on the 6 button (i.e. the load). I can't seem to do anything with the other addresses. I would expect the LED to light up if I try to use the REST interface to turn the switch on. I know not to expect any devices to turn on. When I hit the link:

(legit IP is in place of IP OF MY ISY)

(legit data/address is in place of XX XX XX)

http://IP OF MY ISY/rest/nodes/XX XX XX 1/cmd/DON

I get an expected response. If I replace the 1 with 3, 4, 5, or 6 I get the following message back:

Is this expected behavior? Please enlighten me. Everything else in the app I have written that uses REST works fine except the 4 small buttons on the KeyPadLincs.

Thanks in advance!

David

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm parsing the XML document returned by /rest/nodes to build a list of devices and scenes that my app can control. Do you know of a reliable way I could detect secondary buttons and filter them out of my list? is searching for .3 and higher a good way to do it or is there something better?

Thanks!

David

Hi David,

Please send an email to support@universal-devices.com to get the latest device configuration file. What you need to do is to first figure out which device is a KPL. Then, by looking at the address of the device, all those ending with numbers above 1 are sub buttons.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm parsing the XML document returned by /rest/nodes to build a list of devices and scenes that my app can control. Do you know of a reliable way I could detect secondary buttons and filter them out of my list?

Thanks!

David