30% Off Insteon

apostolakisl

51 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You'll want the PD-5ws

I read that it comes with  "minimum load cap included   ". If this needs to be added to the lamp fixture, then I may need a professional installer, as the lamp fixture is on a high ceiling and I am too old to get on a tall step ladder.

3 minutes ago, asbril said:

I read that it comes with  "minimum load cap included   ". If this needs to be added to the lamp fixture, then I may need a professional installer, as the lamp fixture is on a high ceiling and I am too old to get on a tall step ladder.

The cap can be installed at the switch.

26 minutes ago, Techman said:

This may be an option for using led lights with a 2 wire switch once it's back in stock. 

Aeotec Bypass for Nano Dimmer, Load Resistor and Dummy Load for dimmer, TRIAC dimmer switches to fix Light Flickering Issue - - Amazon.com

found it here :  https://www.amazon.com/gp/buy/thankyou/handlers/display.html?purchaseId=106-7069108-8774655&ref_=chk_typ_browserRefresh&isRefresh=1

I may first try it on the Inovelli switch

11 hours ago, Techman said:

This may be an option for using led lights with a 2 wire switch once it's back in stock. 

Aeotec Bypass for Nano Dimmer, Load Resistor and Dummy Load for dimmer, TRIAC dimmer switches to fix Light Flickering Issue - - Amazon.com

Just curious, would this fix the in-rush auto sensing of an insteon Lamp Linc switch to allow automatic turn on of an LED lamp when you turn the lamp on locally (not by turning on at the Lamp Linc device or with an  insteon command)? I seem to have trouble getting that feature to work on LED lamps plugged into the wall.  Being these are single bulb lamps, I don't have the option of using one incandescent bulb in place of an LED bulb.  Is there something better than this to fix this problem? I.E. I am not sure where you would install this past the Lamp Linc device. 

16 minutes ago, MrBill said:

How can the cap be installed at the switch if the switch has no neutral?  The switch location not having neutral is the original problem.

https://www.casetawireless.com/Documents/LUT-MLC.pdf

@asbril What kind of light bulb is in the fixture?  The cap would only be needed for some LED bulbs.

Good catch. I have put them at the switch before but forgot in my case there was always a neutral in the box. Apologize for the bad advice.

45 minutes ago, MrBill said:

You'll probably need the capacitor installed.  However it might work without it, the only way to find out is experimentation.

I start wondering whether Inovelli's "No Neutral" switch and the the Caste "No Neutral" switch operate on the same principle and whether it is worth spending close to $ 200 on the Caseta switch + connection box.  I have a few jobs at home for an electrician and may ask him to add the capacitor when (after Covid) I ask the electrician to come.

22 minutes ago, asbril said:

I start wondering whether Inovelli's "No Neutral" switch and the the Caste "No Neutral" switch operate on the same principle and whether it is worth spending close to $ 200 on the Caseta switch + connection box.  I have a few jobs at home for an electrician and may ask him to add the capacitor when (after Covid) I ask the electrician to come.

There is a loading unit just made for that job discussed here about a year back. IIRC it has UL approvals.  I couldn't find the device on amazon.ca and haven't looked here in the forums. It came in two strengths/colours and you picked the one that worked by trial and error.

10 minutes ago, larryllix said:

There is a loading unit just made for that job discussed here about a year back. IIRC it has UL approvals.  I couldn't find the device on amazon.ca and haven't looked here in the forums. It came in two strengths/colours and you picked the one that worked by trial and error.

@larryllix I am not sure to understand what device you are referring to.

30 minutes ago, asbril said:

The same device (capacitor)  being discussed. I searched the forums and amazon but cannot find that device or the thread.

Here is on from Lutron but the advert doesn't even reveal what it is for. Searching for the part number elsewhere may reveal more information.

https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-LUT-MLC/dp/B01E9F084E/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=dimmer+load&qid=1630420683&sr=8-7

48 minutes ago, asbril said:

I was worrying about it being a bad signal sucker but you are not running Insteon powerline signals sooo.. you should be good.

You may want to get two and test with just one, and if not enough, have the second installed right away, in view of hiring a contractor.

Archived