Another Smarthome Sale

Techman

4 hours ago, larryllix said:

Sounds like an Insteon dryer vent detector coming! :)

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Actually already have that.  I used my webcontrol board for that.  Works awesome.  I did it using a standard alarm system contact and neodymium magnet attached to the flapper.   I haven't seen how these Insteon ones work yet to know if you could do that.  The alarm magnet was really small and easy to epoxy to the flapper.  The Insteon device is much larger.  But for all I know, it is just a big hunk of plastic holding a small magnet.  

13 hours ago, MrBill said:

This is actually interesting....

One of my Emoji's broke and another changed faces when you quoted them...

That just what we need now. Two faced emojis!! One face for one person and different face for somebody else?? Geeesh! Maybe we don't pay them enough???

Got my $10 trigger lincs.  Hooked one up (first time ever linking a battery device, it is a little different), but it works great.  ISY shows the open/close essentially instantly.  Now I have to figure out what to do with them!  I see they have a place to connect a power supply to them internally if you want to avoid the battery maintenance.  

My dryer monitor could be converted.

Looks good. Thanks for posting the project. Did  you connect your magnetic switch to the optional external contact in on the TriggerLinc?

If you get a power supply. It should not go into battery saving mode and need to be woken up to access it. Like add or change its membership on a scene.

Archived