Make ISY post to your Facebook wall !

tahoe

As requested, here is a quick tutorial to have notifications from your devices post to your Facebook wall.

Step 1 - From your facebook page, click on "Settings"

Step 2 - Click on the "Mobile" tab

Step 3 - Ignore the instructions to activate a phone and simply click on "Go to Facebook Mobile" in the upper right corner of the page.

Step 4 - On the mobile page click on the page to send your facebook email to your regular email box (or just write it down).

Step 5 - Add your facebook email to you notifications list in your ISY and create programs to send notifications. See instructions elsewhere to create notifications if you haven't done so already. The optional network module is also required.

I played with the name of my program that sends the message. The name of your program in your ISY becomes the subject and message in your facebook post.

Have fun.

Great idea!

I just created a seperate FB account for Mr. Home and then friended it -- that way all my updates go to Mr. Home, and since I'm his friend I can see them in my news feed, but none of my friends will see his updates.

Then I can also lock down the security for Mr. Home so people can see him to make a friend request, photo albums secured, etc..

Excellent!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived