How to export/import devices... Backup zip file is empty?

fasttimes

I added my insteon devices to my ISY99 and would like to see if I can export them, tweak some names and import them back in.

I'm hoping the files are in XML format, so I can just match up the address ID's with a current XML doc I have which has the names of the switches.

I tried doing a "Backup ISY" and it dumped a zip file to my drive. Inside of that zip was another zip, and that zip was empty.

I'm running on Windows 7 if that matters.

Thanks

Hi fasttimes,

Are you certain that the size of the second zip file was zero? Please note that Windows has a problem unzipping a zip within a zip (you need WinZip or AllZip).

Not all files are in XML. There many low level files that are in binary. On the other hand, you can get device configuration, nodes, and other system settings by using either our Web Services or REST interface. As such, you can still get access to the information you want but NOT by reading the contents of the zip file.

With kind regards,

Michel

I added my insteon devices to my ISY99 and would like to see if I can export them, tweak some names and import them back in.

I'm hoping the files are in XML format, so I can just match up the address ID's with a current XML doc I have which has the names of the switches.

I tried doing a "Backup ISY" and it dumped a zip file to my drive. Inside of that zip was another zip, and that zip was empty.

I'm running on Windows 7 if that matters.

Thanks

Archived