Request Failed & Mismatched Remotelinc

fasttimes

I keep getting this generic "Request Failed" message when performing setup functions. There is no pattern to it and nothing in the log.

Now I'm also having a RemoteLinc that is controling switches its not supposed too. The membership doesnt show the relationship. I looked at the ISY Links table and I can see the bad link in there, so something is messed up.

How can I fix this without having to start over from scratch?

Hi fasttimes,

I do apologize for a tardy reply ...

Using Event Viewer/Level 3 you would know exactly what is causing request failed. What seems to be happening is that due to the failures, some links have not been removed. Currently, the easiest way to remove them is to:

1. Create a dummy scene

2. Put both your RL and the device that responds to RL

3. Make sure that the RL is actually controlling that device

4. Event Viewer/Level 3

5. Remove the scene altogether ... please make sure to save the Event Viewer log and send it to us in case this procedure fails

We are currently working on a more direct way of removing unwanted links ... we just haven't figured out the best way of doing so without jeopardizing the synchronization between ISY and the devices.

With kind regards,

Michel

I keep getting this generic "Request Failed" message when performing setup functions. There is no pattern to it and nothing in the log.

Now I'm also having a RemoteLinc that is controling switches its not supposed too. The membership doesnt show the relationship. I looked at the ISY Links table and I can see the bad link in there, so something is messed up.

How can I fix this without having to start over from scratch?

Archived