communicating with outdoor on/off module

Dave H

Neophyte.  First use of new 994.   Half dozen controllers, a dozen lights.   Trying to communicate with an outdoor on/off unit, consistently getting this error:

"The following devices could not be added:

22.80.75 (2634-222) On/Off Outdoor Module V.00

device is an old PLM, do Restore modem and try again."

I've done the restore modem, and tried manually and automatically to find this device.  When I do it manually I get the above error, when I try to do it automatically, the device is not found even though the controller it is linked to is found.

controller and device work as programmed.

help.

-dave

:

11 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Neophyte.  First use of new 994.   Half dozen controllers, a dozen lights.   Trying to communicate with an outdoor on/off unit, consistently getting this error:

I've done the restore modem, and tried manually and automatically to find this device.  When I do it manually I get the above error, when I try to do it automatically, the device is not found even though the controller it is linked to is found.

help.

-dave

:

Is the device on the same powerline phase (120V leg) as the PLM is? Do you have any bridging between your powerline phases?

Have you factory reset the device before attempting to link it with your PLM?

What ISY firmware version are you running and what UI are you running?

1 hour ago, Dave H said:

help.

-dave

:

What is your ISY and UI firmware versions. They must be the same for everything to work properly.

Thanks all--

1.  firmware and UI version 4.9

2. not sure about phase, but I have plugged a repeater into the same branch circuit and

I see that communications are very reliable.

3.  Did a factory reset of outdoor module and another PLM restore

Same error message!

-dave

If the 4 test does not work.

There are a few modules that you have to look at the manual for it. Then perform the Beacon Test. Through a series of set button pushes and LED color and flash patterns. To start it. It is in a flow chart in the modules manual.

Archived