Is there a way to....

kimbray

All I have an ISY 994i. I have a non zWave blind motors (Alta Bliss). I have Aeotec luminance sensors. I want to be able to use UD Admin console to raise and lower blinds via If/then/else statements. To do this I have to use the portal capabilities to create actions via Alexa or Goggle or IFTTT hooks. Alta says it supports Alexa (there is a Bliss automation module that I have in my Alexa app). It says it also supports IFTTT, but I cannot figure out how to get that working (on mobile device I have Bliss app and IFTTT, but when I try to LINK it says Could not open requested page.

Therefore my only choice is to use Alexa but not sure if this works. 

I want to use UD admin console, create an IF statement when my luminance sensor gets to a certain level (I can do this easily)

THEN, I want to have console kick off an alexa command (not spoken) to open/close blinds. This is the place I am not sure of.

Any help would be great and hopefully I can do.

Thank you.

I'm not entirely sure if this will work, but you might want to look here and see how ISY can trigger Alexa routines.

Hope it works out. I haven't tried this, but know that it's an option. Maybe @bmercier can help if you run into problems. Just post back here if you're successful or not.

1 hour ago, kimbray said:

All I have an ISY 994i. I have a non zWave blind motors (Alta Bliss). I have Aeotec luminance sensors. I want to be able to use UD Admin console to raise and lower blinds via If/then/else statements. To do this I have to use the portal capabilities to create actions via Alexa or Goggle or IFTTT hooks. Alta says it supports Alexa (there is a Bliss automation module that I have in my Alexa app). It says it also supports IFTTT, but I cannot figure out how to get that working (on mobile device I have Bliss app and IFTTT, but when I try to LINK it says Could not open requested page.

Therefore my only choice is to use Alexa but not sure if this works. 

I want to use UD admin console, create an IF statement when my luminance sensor gets to a certain level (I can do this easily)

THEN, I want to have console kick off an alexa command (not spoken) to open/close blinds. This is the place I am not sure of.

Any help would be great and hopefully I can do.

Thank you.

If you have IFTTT, more direct route that's easier to debug would be to use this method.

Essentially creating an ISY network resource to trigger an IFTTT recipe.

Yea, here is the problem, I cannot find the IFTTT module/applet for Alta Blinds. When I click the link in the Bliss app for IOT and ITFFF it gives me a not found in IFTTT. That is why I believe I have to use Alexa. Could be wrong so maybe more back and forth in this forum. Thanks all!

2 hours ago, Geddy said:

I'm not entirely sure if this will work, but you might want to look here and see how ISY can trigger Alexa routines.

Hope it works out. I haven't tried this, but know that it's an option. Maybe @bmercier can help if you run into problems. Just post back here if you're successful or not.

I tried following direction via this. Got the ISP portal set up with a contact variable and discovered in Alexa. However when I try to go when this happens do this and I select smart home and the contact sensor I created (it is there and was discovered), it says device is not currently supported. Any other ideas?

OK, I ahve AMazon Alexas but wondering if I can do via Google Home.

https://shadeomatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/BLISS_QSGuide_GoogleHome.pdf

I CAN connect and see my BLiss Automation blinds in Goggle Home (did via above). So now is there a way to have a sensor for light in ISY based on Lumen variable OPEN and CLOSE the blinds via the ISY portal WITHOUT spoken words? If yes, how do I do? Also one other thing, my ISY port access/email is not a gmail account so when trying to move over spoken words from port to Goggle Home, it does not work (don't think I need but wanted to share as well).

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, asbril said:

I wonder whether you can connect a Mimolite to your blinds. That is what I have done with my curtains and now these curtains are fully integrated in my ISY and also work nicely with both Google Home and Alexa.

The blinds I have are Alta automation motors running at 463Mhz and not zWave. Do not think this will work.

1 hour ago, kimbray said:

The blinds I have are Alta automation motors running at 463Mhz and not zWave. Do not think this will work.

My curtains are not Zwave by themselves but this Zwave  dry contact bridge interfaces with my system. I don't know whether it would work with your system, but it is just a suggestion to research.

3 hours ago, kimbray said:

wondering if I can do via Google Home

Sorry, can't help with Google Home, I'm not a user. Not sure how that works.

Shame the Alexa part didn't work out. As I said I haven't tried it yet with mine. I have Somfy with the myLink and hope one day to have them tied into the ISY. I don't have the area (in the window) to add any other devices to try to get them connected other ways. 

13 hours ago, kimbray said:

OK, I ahve AMazon Alexas but wondering if I can do via Google Home.

https://shadeomatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/BLISS_QSGuide_GoogleHome.pdf

I CAN connect and see my BLiss Automation blinds in Goggle Home (did via above). So now is there a way to have a sensor for light in ISY based on Lumen variable OPEN and CLOSE the blinds via the ISY portal WITHOUT spoken words? If yes, how do I do? Also one other thing, my ISY port access/email is not a gmail account so when trying to move over spoken words from port to Goggle Home, it does not work (don't think I need but wanted to share as well).

Thanks!

I use two CAO Wireless Tags, averaged to operate my gathering room lights when called for.  I did calculate their square roots in my kumoapp first, to compact the values, first but for only a distinct cut-off brightness level a dynamic range should work well for blinds, no problem.

Archived