Leviton ZWave Plus doesn't report status

sorka

Just like the folks in this thread:

No status reported with this device:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAO4B9Z/

If I query the status, that works fine but no status broadcast with local control.

Running 5.3.4 firmware and UI. 500 series dongle running 6.81.0

Works fine with these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LN2NPZ3

Assuming at this point that this is a Leviton bug? 

11 minutes ago, Mecheng70 said:

May not be a bug.  Just may be that version of the device.  Have you found anyone talking about that model working?  

Just the amazon reviews that claim the product page is wrong about 2-way status being supported. 

35 minutes ago, Mecheng70 said:

Is there any way of knowing which hub those reviews are referring to?

Personally I use GE/Jasco and inovelli. 

Just installed a GE Enbrighten. Works ok. The only downside so far is it's slow to report its status. Takes about 2 seconds vs the Minoston which shows up instantly. Of course even with the speed of the Minoston, scenes would never be as slick as Insteon since those don't require a hub and all devices in the scene listen and react at the same time to the controller. With zwave scenes, the hub has to listen to the controller and then send out commands to the other devices listening.

The Leviton devices send Hail when the local button is pressed.  I use a program like this to query the device and update the status. If the device is queried without the delay and there is a ramp, the status maybe a intermediate value.  I would like to know if there is a better way.

Recessed Query - [ID 001D][Parent 001C]

If
        'Living Room Recessed' is switched Hail

Then
        Wait  10 seconds
        Set 'Living Room Recessed' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

This switch doesn't send status when switched.  It sends Hail so the program does a query.

14 hours ago, Mecheng70 said:

What is the size of your zwave mesh?  There is information in this forum about the mesh size. 

It's not a signal strength or mesh size issue. Maybe if it was far enough that exceeding 4 hops on the way back might cause the issue.

There are several technical reviews in the Amazon review section for this switch that mention that status reporting is not supported and the hail work around. 

I've already initiated the return and will not be buying any Leviton products until this is confirmed fixed for any future models. 

Archived