Alexa says: ...(device)not responding. No ISY controlled device works with Alexa anymore

After years of using Alexa to control my devices through my ISY, today nothing works. When I ask Alexa to off kitchen light, for example, she responds "Sorry, Kitchen light isn't responding." I have tested most devices and I get the same device "not responding" response. I can control everything directly from the Admin Screen and I can ping the ISY. Nothing has changed that I know of and everything else is working including other Alexa skills such as EcoBee control. I just can't control anyISY device through Alexa. She indicates everything is unresponsive. Other then ISY control Alexa is working normally. 

I have tried the following things to correct the problem, but none have worked:

I powered off and on the ISY and PLM and verified the IP address. I rebooted my router. I verified my ISY portal account is active, and my devices are all listed

I disabled the ISY skill in Alexa and re-enabled it and signed back in it the Alexa app. It now lists all my devices in the app as unresponsive.  When I run discovery Alexa does not find any devices.

Is anyone else having problems with Alexa control ISY? 

45 minutes ago, Ed Sybesma said:

I am on the West Coast, and it is affecting the West Coast as well.

But what about polyglot cloud?  AWS should not be affecting that, should it?  Are others having trouble logging into polyglot cloud?

Yes UDI uses AWS for portal and polyglot cloud.

Well, I hate to say it, but even Luddites who do not directly themselves use cloud services or even a computer are nevertheless fully dependent upon cloud services-- or at least the Internet.  If the Internet goes down, we probably lose our electrical grid or at the least our banking system, much of our interstate or international commerce, and many other systems we depend on.

Well, I hate to say it, but even Luddites who do not directly themselves use cloud services or even a computer are nevertheless fully dependent upon cloud services-- or at least the Internet.  If the Internet goes down, we probably lose our electrical grid or at the least our banking system, much of our interstate or international commerce, and many other systems we depend on.
In Ontario, the electrical grid avoids any Internet reliance. They have all their own networks involving dry loop copper pair and dry loop Fibre optic strands in later years. Any Internet connections pass through many firewalls and are still totally isolated from any electrical grid systems or communications.

Fibre optics do require reamplification every x km but are never combined into the same boxes with web things.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Amazon and some other services including Prime Video and Alexa have been hit by computer problems.

Thousands of users across the world have been reporting problems on the outage tracking website Downdetector.

The Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing arm, which provides services to governments, companies and universities, is also affected.

Amazon said it had identified the cause and was "actively working towards recovery", but gave no timescale.

The company added that not all regions of the world had experienced problems. There are reports the biggest disruption for customers is being seen on the US east coast.

On the Amazon shopping website, many users reported just a slow loading of pages rather than an inability to use the service.

Archived