Managing house wide audio with Insteon

DevonSprings

Greetings,

Anyone done something like the Control 4 stuff. I basically want to have an XM channel available anywhere in the house.

Then I would like to have the sound level go up and down via Insteon Dimmer control without any IR interface.

An insteon controlled IP speaker with an XM Ip source. It would be nice to be stereo with a left and right but that is not as important.

-Devon

Michel,

Well it seems like a fairly easy idea because I just want an audio source L + R or mini-jack or iPod to send audio over the wires.

Then at some location I got power too mount a speaker, and insteon responder that says the volume of the component.

The audio is fairly simple transmit it over the wire at 87 Mhz (low FM) as there are a dozens of FM receivers on a chip. It is easy to make an 87 Mhz stereo transmitter.

Most FM receivers are used to receiving a few uV so a 1 V of signal would seem like infinite.

Maybe I will see if I can make 87.3 Mhz go across the copper of my house.

-Jt.

• 2 weeks later...

Would the ISY not then be rendered unnecessary if you had Homeseer and vice versa? Does Homeseer not have an Insteon plugin that can control Insteon directly through a PLM? I'm not trying to stop sales of the ISY by any means, just trying to figure out the logic. For sure the ISY would be a good thing to have in any Insteon installation, regardless. Especially since the ISY is capable of controlling the Sonos device directly, from what I understand.

Why are you avoiding the IR emitters? Too many wires? The first thing that came to my mind when I read the title of your thread was a GC-100 and and some IR emitters/a serial cable hooked up to a multizone amp or array of amps. I guess the Sonos solution is a lot tidier.

Archived