Help programming Motion Sensors (5.3.4)

SRobinson

I have a couple of the Insteon Motion Sensor II that I purchased before the ISY firmware was updated to recognize them as the newer motion detectors.  As such, my programing options for the MSII was limited.  After upgrading the ISY to firmware 5.xxx I now have many more options for the MSII.

My issue is now I cannot get my programs to work with the MSII.  I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help with.

1) On the main screen for the device that has the Temperature, Luminance, etc. my status is showing off.  I do not know if this may have to do with motion detector sensor being On or Off.  Mine indicates OFF and I have not figured a way to turn it on - if it should be on.  I have manually turned the MOTION on and off on the MSII itself, and I know that when it flashes green motion should be enabled.  My question is if this needs to indicate ON, and if so, how do I do that.

2) On the ISY Motion screen for the MSII I can turn it On and OFF and my scenes will work as programed.  However, I can not get the MSII to turn on my walking in front of it.  When I do, the light flashes so I know it is detecting motion, but the ISY is not recognizing it.  In the OPTIONS on the ISY screen I have set the Condition (motion) to Always and the Report to On and Off.

I do not know what else to do to get this to work.  I have my MSII powered though a USB cable, do I don't believe I need to use the SET button on the device since the ISY appears to write to it correctly.

Thanks,

I appreciate any help or suggestions

Steve

There are hardware buttons on the top or bottom of the MSII. I can't remember the exact functions of them but one was an enable.

I have my "send off" option disabled, and program ISY to turn my lamps off. Then the On duration is set to a very short duration as it also controls the Off duration which makes the MSII non-functional until it times out. Bad design.

9 hours ago, SRobinson said:

I have a couple of the Insteon Motion Sensor II that I purchased before the ISY firmware was updated to recognize them as the newer motion detectors.  As such, my programing options for the MSII was limited.  After upgrading the ISY to firmware 5.xxx I now have many more options for the MSII.

My issue is now I cannot get my programs to work with the MSII.  I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help with.

1) On the main screen for the device that has the Temperature, Luminance, etc. my status is showing off.  I do not know if this may have to do with motion detector sensor being On or Off.  Mine indicates OFF and I have not figured a way to turn it on - if it should be on.  I have manually turned the MOTION on and off on the MSII itself, and I know that when it flashes green motion should be enabled.  My question is if this needs to indicate ON, and if so, how do I do that.

2) On the ISY Motion screen for the MSII I can turn it On and OFF and my scenes will work as programed.  However, I can not get the MSII to turn on my walking in front of it.  When I do, the light flashes so I know it is detecting motion, but the ISY is not recognizing it.  In the OPTIONS on the ISY screen I have set the Condition (motion) to Always and the Report to On and Off.

I do not know what else to do to get this to work.  I have my MSII powered though a USB cable, do I don't believe I need to use the SET button on the device since the ISY appears to write to it correctly.

Thanks,

I appreciate any help or suggestions

Steve

What model is showing in your admin console? Also what is your ISY firmware AND UI

6 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

What model is showing in your admin console? Also what is your ISY firmware AND UI

Thanks for looking into this for me.

These are the newer MSII (2844-222).  My firmware for the ISY is 5.3.4.  I updated to this firmware so I can use the UDI application on my Android phone in conjunction with the UDI Portal.

Archived