Re-generating ELK Export file

mkg

I am using ISY994 (without ELK Module) and "ELK M1 Gold". Few years ago, I generated an "ELK Export File" and imported it in ELK. I am using ELK to control some Insteon switches and keys (on KeyPad). I am thinking to regenerate the "ELK Export File" and re-import it in ELK. My questions are:

1. One of the Insteon Keypad died. Some of its keys are referred in rules on ELK. I am going to replace this keypad. Will I be able to update the ELK rules to refer new keys?
  2. Names of some devices have been changed. These devices are used in ELK rules. Will ELK rule automatically show the new name (assuming the device address has not changed)? 
  3. Some devices in the last export file have been removed. Will those still be displayed in ELK?
  4. Are there any other issues I should take care before re-importing the data in ELK?

I would just prefer to overwrite everything on the ELK side.

Thanks!
MKG

Thanks Michel for the info.

I imported the lighting data into ELK many years ago. I do not have a copy of the old "ELK Export File". Is there another way to change the address, for selected devices, directly on ELK using ElkRP?

Also, I noticed that ElkRP provides an option as "Clear All Lighting". I can use that option to clear all existing lighting data and then upload a new file using option "Import Lighting Data".

If I do re-import the data in Elk, will it get the same Device ID (eg. "14 (A14)") in Elk for all those Insteon devices for which "devices address" has not changed, however, the name may have changed?

Regards,
MKG

Thanks Michel.

I am just going to regenerate and re-import the lighting data file in ELK. If there is a mapping change, I will update all the rules in ELK which are referring to old devices for which mapping may have changed.

Regards,
MKG

Archived