Tried CREE LED lights

apostolakisl

To my opinion, there just ins't a candelabra bulb to replace incandescent. If someone finds one that looks good, doesn't cost a fortune, and actually produces pleasing light, please let me know.

There are several candelabra-base LED bulbs which put out good light (+25W equivalent) , but don't look right exposed in an actual candelabra.

Have you tried the Utilitech Pro from Lowe's? Specifically LCA12C20027K3

To my opinion, there just ins't a candelabra bulb to replace incandescent. If someone finds one that looks good, doesn't cost a fortune, and actually produces pleasing light, please let me know.

There are several candelabra-base LED bulbs which put out good light (+25W equivalent) , but don't look right exposed in an actual candelabra.

Have you tried the Utilitech Pro from Lowe's? Specifically LCA12C20027K3

I have some 25w eq leds behind shades where they are just for accent purposes and they are fine. But there isn't anything out there for actual lighting. . . 60 watt exposed chandelier stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been replacing all my lights with Cree 60W & 40W equivalents. I have 4 6W (40W) on one Leviton HCM06 X10 dimmer. Dims fine but at full brightness it will flicker about once an hour. Tolerable. However, I have 3 more of the same dimmer on the same circuit...when I turn on or dim the others (incandescent) it causes the Crees to flicker. Will this damage or shorten the life of either the dimmers or the LED's?

Archived