2.7.8/9 Instructions

Michel Kohanim

Michel, upgrading from 2.7.6 to 2.7.9, I have some scenes where the on level is now set to off, when I try to set it back to where it was in 2.7.6 I get a Request Failed Error; Or some times a [-110022] Couldn't open file [/CONF/FYP.CFG] or [-140005] HTTP client read response failed [Net Module Rule: 2].

One of these scenes is the RL that ISY was not updating the status of the responding LL. (Reported a few days ago with 2.7.8 before I went back to 2.7.6)

Also 2.7.9; KP and RL Grouped Devices, only the parent node is colored red as a controller the rest are blue responders.

Thanks,

Nick

On another note:

When trying to Right Click on a device which is near the bottom of the Main window tab (on the left) the last one or two devices will not show the function menu; Query, Rename, Disable, et al.

Not a problem because you can move the device you need up to the third spot above the bottom and the right click works fine.

ISY 99 Pro IR with 2.7.9 installed.

Joe

I upgraded from 2.7.7 to 2.7.9 following the posted instructions. The upgrade was fast with no issues.

Everything looks good. Notification list migrated nicely. I added additional notification lists and tested with no issues (regular email and Verizon vtext).

I created a few new scenes and made some adjustments on others. All Good.

My V2 T-stat is updating the ISY on its own. However, I did notice a lot of traffic in the event viewer for the T-stat. I don't know how to interpret the information. I need to look into it though, I have traffic every 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on all the traffic from the T-stat? I got a screen shot of my event viewer but don't seem to be able to paste it to this post?

[/img]

I upgraded from 2.7.6 to 2.7.9 and so far it seems good. Programs run fine.

I have noticed that sometimes when I enter back into the admin console the mouse cursor is a hourglass - but clicking still works.

One error I get is when setting LED Brightness from the Main tab i get "request failed" all the time on every button (KPL 2486).

Also, in the programs details tab, when accessing a KPL button under "action" there are two numbers listed "On 0/ Off 0" to "On 15 / Off 7" - what do these numbers represent, the controlled device level and the LED level ?

Thanks ...

I've installed my two upgraded adaptors and am generally quite happy with them. However, I am a bit concerned about the behavior of the humidity sensor. Or, rather, the behavior with no sensor! I have one T1900 and it reports humidity just fine. My other thermostat is a T1700; it has always reported a number around 75% for the non-existant sensor. This was a relatively minor aggravation before v2.0 but now I find that I am getting a somewhat random humidity report every minute or two. 75%, 76%, 74%, 72%, etc. Can I put a jumper somewhere in the T1700 to disable this? I can't even buy a humidity sensor to shut it up because the 1700 won't take one!

I now know where all the T-stat insteon traffic is coming from...the humidity sensor, which I don't even have.

Is there something we can do about this? I went from a simple query every 15 minutes that worked perfect to a update every minute or two. I wish I never sent back my V1 adapter.

I've installed my two upgraded adaptors and am generally quite happy with them. However, I am a bit concerned about the behavior of the humidity sensor. Or, rather, the behavior with no sensor! I have one T1900 and it reports humidity just fine. My other thermostat is a T1700; it has always reported a number around 75% for the non-existant sensor. This was a relatively minor aggravation before v2.0 but now I find that I am getting a somewhat random humidity report every minute or two. 75%, 76%, 74%, 72%, etc. Can I put a jumper somewhere in the T1700 to disable this? I can't even buy a humidity sensor to shut it up because the 1700 won't take one!

I now know where all the T-stat insteon traffic is coming from...the humidity sensor, which I don't even have.

Is there something we can do about this? I went from a simple query every 15 minutes that worked perfect to a update every minute or two. I wish I never sent back my V1 adapter.

I get the same behavior. I assume we'll have to contact Smarthome since the adapter is sending the message -- agree?

I get the same behavior. I assume we'll have to contact Smarthome since the adapter is sending the message -- agree?

Yes, which is why my original post was in the Smarthome area - it does not belong in this area.

Yeah, I know that's why you put it in the Smarthome area but I posted here before I realized that it's the adapter sending humidity updates.

Either way, it probably belongs here also, until we (I) understand the situation better.

I had the V2 installed with 2.7.7 and the logs don't show any Humidity updates. So it would be nice to know...

1. If this traffic was always present with 2.7.7 but the ISY logs did not log it? Or

2. Did 2.7.9 turn something on in the V2 adapter?

If it's the latter, then maybe the UDI guys can look into it.

This is a pretty big concern (Insteon traffic virtually every minute in my case).

I have put three tsats in one scene. this is for convenience so that I can view them all at once. In this managed scene are the correct values for the current state of the thermostats, but in the table of setpoints, only the first thermostat has the correct setpoints. the other two seem to be just random values. As I said before i do not rely on any of this data since all my programming is with individual Tsats, but I thought I would give you a heads up. Also, if you send a notification email when the new tsats call for heat. the status value is 127 deg and 0 deg if the tsat is no longing calling for heat. I hope that is clear. Just two small quicks.

Yeah, I know that's why you put it in the Smarthome area but I posted here before I realized that it's the adapter sending humidity updates.

Either way, it probably belongs here also, until we (I) understand the situation better.

I had the V2 installed with 2.7.7 and the logs don't show any Humidity updates. So it would be nice to know...

1. If this traffic was always present with 2.7.7 but the ISY logs did not log it? Or

2. Did 2.7.9 turn something on in the V2 adapter?

If it's the latter, then maybe the UDI guys can look into it.

This is a pretty big concern (Insteon traffic virtually every minute in my case).

I've got two of the t1700 sending these phantom updates. I hadn't fully considered that the protocol may allow configuration of the adapter on which variables to update. In fact, I felt it was odd that the (v1 adapter with t1700) and ISY combination showed a humidity value.

I opened a t1700 thermostat and the location for the humidity sensor and the jumper are on the t1700 board. I'll be curious to see if this is a floating ground issue -- would shorting one or both of these locations on the board stop or keep the humidity setting constant? Any EE have a quess?

I opened a t1700 thermostat and the location for the humidity sensor and the jumper are on the t1700 board. I'll be curious to see if this is a floating ground issue -- would shorting one or both of these locations on the board stop or keep the humidity setting constant? Any EE have a quess?

The behavior suggests that there may be an open wire to an analog to digital converter and the T1700 (despite not being able to have a humidity module added) is converting the noisy open signal to a humidity value. If we knew where the open input was we could perhaps put in a jumper to ground and get a consistent zero value. Perhaps I'll take a look at the humidity module in my T1900 and see if I can figure it out.

I am in the electronics field as well. I will look into the T-Stat humidity circuit. I will give Venstar Tech support a call also.

Still being fairly new to Insteon am I correct to say that this Humidity update is "Insteon Traffic"?

Is it no different then sending an Insteon command to a SwitchLinc every minute or two? 24hours by 7days

Is this a serious issue in regards to the Insteon/ISY system reliability? I have been getting intermittent keypad button status lights out of synch and failed X10 control right around the time I installed the V2.

If this is in fact the case then I think I should remove the V2 adapter until the problem is resolved by Venstar or Smarthome. Would anybody agree?

Specifically, could this messsage traffic, if it occurs during the middle of creating a scene etc., cause a problem?

Hi to both,

Yes, it is an INSTEON traffic and yes it might have some impact on performance. Unfortunately, ISY cannot query the thermostat to see whether or not it has the humidity sensor. Apparently, neither does the dongle.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello all,

Matt at SmartHome has been extremely helpful in tracking down Venstar gurus and has gotten an answer which I post down here verbose (THANK YOU MATT):

It seems that the only thermostat version that is causing problems is the T1700. I talked with Mike at Venstar and he provided a quick fix to stabilize the humidity value (if you’re good at soldering).

Look near the humidity sensor spot on the T1700 PCB. You can short the two contacts located next to the “C32” text. This will set the humidity value to 0% permanently.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have not looked inside thermostat in a few days so forgive me if this will be obvious when viewing board. Could we get a photo or illustration posted so there can be no mistake which contact points they are referencing? I seem to remember 3 that were close together.

Right next to the label "C32". They are the only rectangular solder pads anywhere near this area.

Since I upgraded from 2.7.6 to 2.7.9, I have noticed some devices aren't turning off, based on there programs; The same program contains many direct command some either aren't firing part of the time or are experiencing sudden noise issues that are bad timing, I haven't had this much problems since ISY was skipping steps in programs a few updates ago.

I am not getting any communication errors with these devices when I open the admin console and I can manually query without problems. The logs show the program triggering the device but doesn't update the status, in the log or admin console.

Thanks,

Nick

Once again - I'm a relatively new user so if this is not a bug forgive my ignorance.

I have several motion sensors (2420M) in my installation. They are linked to the ISY. I am getting reports from the ISY that it is 'unable to communicate with the sensor'.

I wouldn't expect it to be able to communicate unless the sensor is in linking mode. Is this normal behavior?

Mark