PG3 HueEmulator Node Server 3.0.6

The HueEmulator Polyglot Version 3.0.6 Node Server is released. 

IMPORTANT: There was an issue with PG3 where it deleted the configuration data on restart so device ids could change, which has been fixed.  Make sure your PG2 and PG3 are the versions mentioned in the README

See the README for more information, including information on moving from PG2.

The Release Notes are also available.

I had planned to move this to use PyISY 3.x during the conversion, but there are conflicts  because PG3 uses PyISY 2.x so we need to convert all that user it at the same time.  We will work on this in the future.

Edited by Jimbo.Automates
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jimbo, do I understand correctly that with the HueEmulator node server a physical Hue bridge is not necessary?

I just purchased the NS, installed it, and synced purchase, but it does not appear on the Polyglot 3 dashboard, or the ISY Admin console. What have I done wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by deholt
additional information
Jimbo, do I understand correctly that with the HueEmulator node server a physical Hue bridge is not necessary?
I just purchased the NS, installed it, and synced purchase, but it does not appear on the Polyglot 3 dashboard, or the ISY Admin console. What have I done wrong?
Thanks!
Correct. It allows you to control devices on the ISY with some other devices that support Hue, like a Harmony remote.

After installing you should see a Huge Emulator Controller node in the admin console? If not please do a download log package from the PG3 UI and PM that to me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

As usual, I was impatient. I mustn't have given the system enough time to react. HueEmulator NS has shown up in both the ISY local admin console, and Polyglot 3 cloud dashboard.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

@JimboAutomates

I'm a little confused with the README Manual instructions.  The first part says to delete the NS on PG2 and install PG3 in the same slot.  But then the instructions say to copy the configuration from PG2 to PG3.  How can the configuration be copied from PG2 if the PG2 NS has been deleted?

I would love a no-muss no-fuss way get my Hue Emulator from PG2 to PG3.  I can't use the Backup and Restore method.

Edited by carealtor

Last I checked when you delete the NS on PG2 it doesn't actually delete the directory which contains the NS, it only deletes it from PG2 itself and the ISY.

The reason this is necessary is this NS stores vital information in a file, which is what the instructions show you how to copy. https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-hue-emu/blob/master/README.md#manual

• Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...