PG3 ELK Node server 3.1.4

Jimbo.Automates

1 hour ago, kzboray said:

@Jimbo & @DennisC you might have RP2 open as well. The Elk can only have one IP connection at a time. Make sure RP2 is closed and that may solve your connection issue.

Yes, that may be an issue if you have ELKRP to open it may have issues building the initial profile, I've not tried that, but I know you can have multiple NS's running connected to the ELK.

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Once your ELK parameters are configured in the PG3 UI and the sync with the ELK is complete, then close and re-open the AC and that should fix it.

But, I just released 3.1.2 which will build the correct default profile on initial startup when no ELK parameters are set.

I built the Elk Nodeserver out yesterday and started the cutting over from ISY to ISY on Polisy today. While both admin consoles might have been opened together at various times, there were times when only ISY on Polisy was opened after a reboot of Polisy. As of right now, I am still showing "Sky Battery". 

I just started and stopped  PG3 Elk Nodeserver and it updated to v3.1.2. I restarted the ISY on Polisy admin console and here is the result:

image.thumb.png.6329785e3c342e2ca3d9aba92095cfaf.png

I just tried closing the admin console, opening PG2 and stopping the Elk Nodeserver for ISY. I restarted the admin console for ISY on Polisy and was still showing "Sky Battery". I closed the admin console, and with PG2 nodeserver still shutdown, restarted PG3 Elk Nodeserver.

I followed this by opening the admin console for ISY on Polisy and it still shows "Sky Battery". 

On PG2 I have both the Weatherflow and Elk Nodeserver's stopped. I opened the ISY on Polisy admin console with no change. I closed the admin console and restarted Polyglot for PG3, opened admin console for ISY on Polisy with no change.

Next, with Weatherflow and Elk Nodeservers on PG2 stopped, I rebooted Polisy and opened the admin console for ISY on Polisy. I am still showing "Sky Battery".

I am out of things to try to correct this.

8 hours ago, DennisC said:

Jim,

Elk NS 3.1.1 on ISY on Polisy shows some strange verbiage on the Elk Controller page. It shows Nodeserver Online - Connected and Sky Battery - False?

image.thumb.png.455b6253ee3e5978cc39d4495cda8263.png

There is a PG3 python interface error that is causing issues, I've pinged @bpwwer to see what may have caused this:

2022-02-13 16:38:26,953 MainThread udi_interface.interface ERROR    interface:db_getNodeDrivers: controller not found in database.

49 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

There was another error in the main polyglot log I gave to@bpwwer hopefully we can get it figured out.

But if you are in a rush, have you tried deleting it and add it back?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What are you suggesting to delete - the Elk Nodeserver?

I am not necessarily in a hurry, just want to know its being looked at. I would much prefer having the issue corrected so it can't happen again.

Everything is being or will be looked at.  It just takes time.   I'm splitting my time between answering questions, resolving bugs and adding features to PG3.   

I appreciate all the the folks that are trying to migrate to PG3 as it helps immensely in finding existing issues, but it also means it's going to take some time to look into and resolve them all. 

What are you suggesting to delete - the Elk Nodeserver?
I am not necessarily in a hurry, just want to know its being looked at. I would much prefer having the issue corrected so it can't happen again.
I was suggesting deleting the NS and adding it back. But yes I would prefer to see if the upcoming fix resolves the issue.

8 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Everything is being or will be looked at.  It just takes time.   I'm splitting my time between answering questions, resolving bugs and adding features to PG3.   

I appreciate all the the folks that are trying to migrate to PG3 as it helps immensely in finding existing issues, but it also means it's going to take some time to look into and resolve them all. 

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I was suggesting deleting the NS and adding it back. But yes I would prefer to see if the upcoming fix resolves the issue.

I'm fine with waiting, I know you are busy. Let me know if when you have something for me to test.

BTW, I ported over my main system today and this didn't happen on this system.

Archived