In a tight spot, wtb keypads, swtichlincs, micros

Banichi

I'm in a bit of a tight spot and had ordered about 3/4 of what I needed for a project started in the fall. I did not anticipate Insteon just up and disappearing. I was out of the country and totally missed what appears to be the final sale in March. I need about a half dozen each of keypad dimmers, dimmer switches, and micro dimmers to complete this project. 

I am scouring ebay but in the off chance that anyone here is willing to part with any or all of these for a not crazy markup I would greatly appreciate it. 

39 minutes ago, Banichi said:

I'm in a bit of a tight spot and had ordered about 3/4 of what I needed for a project started in the fall. I did not anticipate Insteon just up and disappearing. I was out of the country and totally missed what appears to be the final sale in March. I need about a half dozen each of keypad dimmers, dimmer switches, and micro dimmers to complete this project. 

I am scouring ebay but in the off chance that anyone here is willing to part with any or all of these for a not crazy markup I would greatly appreciate it. 

I hate to say it but probably not. Since you're using the Isy with it, I'd recommend mixing with zwave to fill it out

1 hour ago, Banichi said:

With Insteon going out of business I'm considering whether I should sell off and start over. Have quite a few keypads, dimmers. I'll have to think about it but may be able to help you out. IDK. 

2 hours ago, gbc3 said:

With Insteon going out of business I'm considering whether I should sell off and start over. Have quite a few keypads, dimmers. I'll have to think about it but may be able to help you out. IDK. 

Keypads and Micro dimmers are my biggest need but honestly I'll take what I can get. Let me know if you wanna get rid of anything. I've got a few weeks before I'm in critical territory. In the mean time I'll just be scrounging ebay. 

Man I hope somebody is able to pick up the Insteon IP or they license it or something. 

10 hours ago, Banichi said:

Keypads and Micro dimmers are my biggest need but honestly I'll take what I can get. Let me know if you wanna get rid of anything. I've got a few weeks before I'm in critical territory. In the mean time I'll just be scrounging ebay. 

Man I hope somebody is able to pick up the Insteon IP or they license it or something. 

Will do. 

I understand wanting to stay with keypads.  They are a wonderful way to gain lots of functionality in a small footprint.  I purchased a dozen (at $115 apiece - yikes!) a few months ago for a remodel we are in the middle of.  Sorry - not willing to part with them.

But you might take a look at the Zooz Zen32 (available on Amazon).  It's a 5 button z-wave switch.  It is a little different to program, but I have been able to configure them as fan controllers.  Right now I plan to use them in bedrooms with ceiling fans - freeing up my precious keypadlinks for other locations - but I plan to investigate other uses.  There are several other posts as well that discuss using these switches. Just search on "zen32".

I also started using z-wave relay modules when the Insteon inlinelincs became unavailable.  I have had great results with those.  And the smaller footprint is a plus.  I have used both single and dual relays. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KQMGH7X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 They work well in scenes.  I don't connect them directly to dumb-switches (as they can) - I just use them for hidden control and connectivity.

If your ISY does not already support z-wave, you can purchase the card from UD - that is what I did and it was an easy install. If you have the Polisy, you just need a z-wave dongle.  Zooz makes one as well.

You might need to initially invest in some z-wave repeaters depending on how far your z-wave devices are from your ISY.  They are reasonably inexpensive. Amazon.com: Aeotec Range Extender 6, Zwave Extender, Z-Wave Plus Repeater, 2 Pack : Electronics 

On 4/14/2022 at 12:30 AM, Banichi said:

DM sent. 

Archived