2843-222 Open Close sensor

Papa C

You may also be able to enable two node operation via the options button in the admin console.  If that works you'll have a "closed" node which has reverse logic.

image.png.128230ad899b38322aa5b0f5ee255dbf.png

I don't have any with the 2843 model number all mine seem to be 2421

On 4/22/2022 at 1:33 PM, Papa C said:

Huh.... Yeah, I see that in the options.  I'll have to take a look at that this weekend and see.  Thanks!  Wound up with: If OFF set state X....  It works, just not what I was wanting it to do.

I use the 2node which I think creates what you're looking for on a bathroom door.  Go in close the door and the light comes on, open the door to leave and the light turns off.

Yeah that's more or less what I'm looking for.  I'm actually turning the light on with a multisensor 6.  What I want to do is lick the light on for a longer timer if the door is closed.  Did not get the chance to even open the laptop this weekend.  Maybe later this week.  Got it working with just calling when the sensor is off (door closed).  I've also got it working when you turn switch on fast on.  HOWEVER even though I'm calling the program that sets a state when fast on, it resets the timer when motion is detected...

11 hours ago, Papa C said:

Yeah that's more or less what I'm looking for.  I'm actually turning the light on with a multisensor 6.  What I want to do is lick the light on for a longer timer if the door is closed.  Did not get the chance to even open the laptop this weekend.  Maybe later this week.  Got it working with just calling when the sensor is off (door closed).  I've also got it working when you turn switch on fast on.  HOWEVER even though I'm calling the program that sets a state when fast on, it resets the timer when motion is detected...

You'll need a program for that, and you could use either the single node with the correct logic or the second node.

Front Bath Door - [ID 0022][Parent 0005]

If
        'Front Bath / Front Bath Door' Status is Off

Then
        $FrontBathLight  = 25
        Stop program 'Front Vanity Auto'

Else
        $FrontBathLight  = 1
        Run Program 'Front Vanity Auto' (If)

This one works, when I can change the node, I'll switch it to "Status On"

-------------------

But this one (nearly identical) while it sets the State correctly, when there is motion it sets it to the value specified in "Front Vanity Auto"

Front Bath Shower - [ID 0004][Parent 0005]

If
        'Front Bath / Front Vanity Light' is switched Fast On

Then
        $FrontBathLight  = 11
        Stop program 'Front Vanity Auto'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I can actually watch it change the state from 11 or 10 to 3 when the motion sensor referenced in "front vanity auto" goes off.

Any theories why the above two programs don't work the same?  In the upper (the door) it works exactly as I aimed.  Close the door, and pretty much disables the motion sensor until the door opens then the motion sensor takes over.

The bottom one however, doesn't appear to ever disable the motion sensor program, resetting the count from what ever it is to "3" upon motion.  So, if you're in the shower without the door closed (reason for fast on) and someone walks in and leaves the count is reset from "11" to "3"....  It SHOULD disable the motion sensor program should it not?

I can't tell without also seeing the program 'Front Vanity Auto' but keep in mind that while you're stopping it you are not disabling it.   if the IF of 'Front Vanity Auto' is motion (as I'm guessing), it will retrigger anytime there is motion.  Fast on needs to disable 'Front Vanity Auto' to prevent it from sensing motion. 

Stopping the program stops the currently running iteration of the program.

Disabling a program prevents it from being triggered via it's IF statement.

Archived