Button Backlight

SetMonkey13

Is there any way to control the button backlight within home assistant?  I'm hoping to adjust the backlight based on the time of day.  I also have multiple buttons that I would like synced with their backlight.  I saw this post https://community.home-assistant.io/t/support-setting-insteon-keypadlinc-and-switchlinc-led-backlight-brightness-and-maybe-arbitrary-commands/161529 which leads me to think its possible. And the new Insteon Panel that is being worked on for Home Assistant will have this option.  I know that the Insteon integration and the ISY are different.

41 minutes ago, SetMonkey13 said:

Is there any way to control the button backlight within home assistant?  I'm hoping to adjust the backlight based on the time of day.  I also have multiple buttons that I would like synced with their backlight.  I saw this post https://community.home-assistant.io/t/support-setting-insteon-keypadlinc-and-switchlinc-led-backlight-brightness-and-maybe-arbitrary-commands/161529 which leads me to think its possible. And the new Insteon Panel that is being worked on for Home Assistant will have this option.  I know that the Insteon integration and the ISY are different.

You should ask this question on home assistants forum as their method would be different than the Isy

2 options that I use:

- Use a State Variable that you change with a home assistant service call and a program on the ISY that sets the backlight to match the state variable. 

- Generic On/Off: use ISY programs to create a custom switch to turn the backlight on/off from Home Assistant 

Here's my example for the second one:

image.png.e788297eff211a1ff3fef857d4b7730c.png

image.png.198fe463c4356f1035cd078061112d20.png

image.png.d170619edd17ef2ad3c896f36e269dd5.png

an addition to @shbatm methods, another is to simply put the button in an ISY scene (even if it's the only thing in the scene) and control the scene via the switch that gets created for every ISY scene in HA.  The only time that's problematic is when the ISY is super loaded and there aren't really enough scenes to go around.

Archived