socket open failure with java

helipal

I have been trying to setup remote access to my izzy-99, and get the following failure when trying to open the administration console page: "socket open failed Java.net.timeout exception".

I am able to control my Issy with the Ilinc iphone app ussing the HTTPS address when on 3G, but run into this problem trying to access from my work XP computer. I did update Java to the latest setting. Is this timeout just an adjustment I have to make? You help is most appreciated

Thank you Rand, and thanks again for your phone support the other day getting my port forwarding setup!!! You guys are the greatest!

Do you think this is a firewall ajustment on my specific work computer, or a company wide IT firewall restriction? Remote access from work is the primary location I would like acces from

Hi helipal,

It's quite possible that your company has blacklisted some private IPs. Can you get to ISY's homepage (not the Admin Console) from work? If not, then it's surely a firewall policy in your company (but this is extremely rare). If you can access the homepage then would you be kind enough to let me know which firmware does your ISY have?

With kind regards,

Michel

Thank you Rand, and thanks again for your phone support the other day getting my port forwarding setup!!! You guys are the greatest!

Do you think this is a firewall ajustment on my specific work computer, or a company wide IT firewall restriction? Remote access from work is the primary location I would like acces from

Hi Michel - thanks for your help!

1) when I run the HTTPS address, it gets to the "my lighting page", then if I click administrative console I get the "do not close page" with the java Icon timing for a moment. It then puts up a page that looks like the admin console (has tabs and top bar, but the main field is blue and empty, and after @30 seconds I get the "socket open" failure. If I click on "OK", I get a never ending houre glass icon, but the wierd thing is, if I click on a tab (like configuration) it opens up the framework(s), but with no data in them?

2) I'm using the Isy-99IR with 2.7.0

Hi helipal, I must conclude that your computer's firewall blocks Java (or other application) access to network. You do not have any issues with corporate firewall since you can get to the homepage via your browser.

Is this something that your IT dept can help with? If not, do you know what firewall software is running on your computer?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel - thanks for your help!

1) when I run the HTTPS address, it gets to the "my lighting page", then if I click administrative console I get the "do not close page" with the java Icon timing for a moment. It then puts up a page that looks like the admin console (has tabs and top bar, but the main field is blue and empty, and after @30 seconds I get the "socket open" failure. If I click on "OK", I get a never ending houre glass icon, but the wierd thing is, if I click on a tab (like configuration) it opens up the framework(s), but with no data in them?

2) I'm using the Isy-99IR with 2.7.0

Archived