Insteon Hubs on eBay going for $300 plus

CPrince

2 hours ago, MrBill said:

For the ISY994 there should be no port number, for polisy it should be :8080.   It's exactly what shows up in ISY Finder window without the /desc on the right end.

I tried but so far that does not work either. I'll try again later.

3 hours ago, mmb said:

I'm curious to know what functionality do I gain by linking HA to an ISY?

3 hours ago, MrBill said:

...Since then I've added on the HA side integrations that ISY doesn't yet support (zigbee for example).

Ditto what MrBill said. In my case, I use HA to add Ring and Brilliant Dimmers (via HomeKit) to my setup. ISY still handles the majority of my automation logic, and has proven the more reliable. But, HA allows me to include a more diverse selection of home automation technologies. (Hopefully UDI will be able to support Ring via Polyglot again soon.)

2 hours ago, randyth said:

HA allows me to include a more diverse selection of home automation technologies. (Hopefully UDI will be able to support Ring via Polyglot again soon.)

Thanks, can the ISY access sensor information from Ring for example?

14 hours ago, mmb said:

Thanks, can the ISY access sensor information from Ring for example?

In a way, yes. While the ISY can't look through to HA's devices directly, you can make HA tell the ISY when something of interest happens. For example, I setup HA to trigger an ISY scene when my Ring doorbell senses motion. HA can also turn on/off any devices that your Insteon controls.

Ditto what MrBill said. In my case, I use HA to add Ring and Brilliant Dimmers (via HomeKit) to my setup. ISY still handles the majority of my automation logic, and has proven the more reliable. But, HA allows me to include a more diverse selection of home automation technologies. (Hopefully UDI will be able to support Ring via Polyglot again soon.)

But, they asked us to give them a business case as to how we can help them increase their sale. 
With kind regards,
Michel

From another thread, did you know Ring is asking for a business case of how it will generate revenue for Ring from UD before they’ll afford opportunity to add Ring support. I understand them wanting to protect security etc but this is BS.

With @Michel Kohanim agreement, we should all let Ring know we chose their product because in part we want it accessible from ISY IoP. In my case, it was a difference maker.

20 hours ago, randyth said:

In a way, yes. While the ISY can't look through to HA's devices directly, you can make HA tell the ISY when something of interest happens. For example, I setup HA to trigger an ISY scene when my Ring doorbell senses motion. HA can also turn on/off any devices that your Insteon controls.

Interesting, I'd like to add a specific weather service to my automations which isn't possible using the ISY as no Poly is available.

I can easily add the service to HA but do you think it's possible to feed the ISY weather data from HA by setting ISY variables?

38 minutes ago, mmb said:

I can easily add the service to HA but do you think it's possible to feed the ISY weather data from HA by setting ISY variables?

here is an HA automation that updates an ISY state variable names stemp_test every time the value of the sensor changes.

alias: 'TEST adguard DNS '
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.adguard_dns_queries
condition: []
action:
  - service: isy994.set_variable
    data:
      name: stemp_test
      value: '{{ states(''sensor.adguard_dns_queries'') }}'
mode: single