Philips Hue Hub Config for Polisy

StangManD

On 7/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

Please let me know the improvements you need. I will talk to the genius behind it's development.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have hesitated responding as the Node Server is free and you gotta be a genius to write something as great as this.  I really appreciate the efforts of this developer, the time, and effort needed to produce a great product like this.  My one request and this is not a complaint, but would be the ability to call the scene by name.  As changes are made on the Hub the scenes seem to move to other generic names.

Currently I am using NR to call the scene by the unique ID in the Hue Hub, thanks to a write up on the Hue forums I was able to identify all the variables.  In the spirit of the upcoming eisy aka easy, I think this would make the adoption better for users that may not be able to get the variables and use the network resources.

I can currently see the scene names and the variables in the logs, but thats the limit of my technically ability as far as mapping them back in the interface.  

It's a great node server!

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Dub aka WHaas said:

I have hesitated responding as the Node Server is free and you gotta be a genius to write something as great as this.  I really appreciate the efforts of this developer, the time, and effort needed to produce a great product like this.  My one request and this is not a complaint, but would be the ability to call the scene by name.  As changes are made on the Hub the scenes seem to move to other generic names.

Currently I am using NR to call the scene by the unique ID in the Hue Hub, thanks to a write up on the Hue forums I was able to identify all the variables.  In the spirit of the upcoming eisy aka easy, I think this would make the adoption better for users that may not be able to get the variables and use the network resources.

I can currently see the scene names and the variables in the logs, but thats the limit of my technically ability as far as mapping them back in the interface.  

It's a great node server!

Thank you!

I agree calling scens by name would be a big help when using the NS.

For what it is worth the scenes in the ns are in the same order you created them in the app.  

15 minutes ago, roberthleeii said:

For what it is worth the scenes in the ns are in the same order you created them in the app.  

Thank you.  That seemed to be the case at first when I only had one room.  After I added some additional lights, rooms, and Play setup with the TV none of my scenes seemed to work.  Not even my first 2 that had previously worked.  I could see the new lights in the NS and tried a few times to resync.  I haven't had a lot of time to dig back into that, but I will take another look.  At first I had 2 scenes so it wasn't that bad, now I have several across the 3 rooms, and I dont remember what order I added them, so it would take some going back and forth to verify and then document which one did what.