Polisy start from scratch

jlamb

Can anyone tell me how to completely delete polisy and start from scratch?  I’ve got a few strange things going on that I have been unable to resolve.  Seems I’m somehow getting old config files to keep loading into PG2 and pg3 even when I delete them.  It’s causing problems when I’m trying to configure PG2/pg3 and node servers.  Wanting to just delete everything and do a clean install.  I would then restore isy from a backup and  start PG2 and PG3 from fresh install.  I did a factory reset and it seems it still had some items saved from some kind of config file.

Thank you,

Jasson

6 hours ago, jlamb said:

Can anyone tell me how to completely delete polisy and start from scratch?  I’ve got a few strange things going on that I have been unable to resolve.  Seems I’m somehow getting old config files to keep loading into PG2 and pg3 even when I delete them.  It’s causing problems when I’m trying to configure PG2/pg3 and node servers.  Wanting to just delete everything and do a clean install.  I would then restore isy from a backup and  start PG2 and PG3 from fresh install.  I did a factory reset and it seems it still had some items saved from some kind of config file.

Thank you,

Jasson

This is what Michel said once.

Sudo pkg delete isy

Sudo pkg install isy

Neither PG3 nor PG2 are designed to be fully deleted from the system.

However, If you want to clear PG3 of all settings and return to all defaults you can do the following from the ssh command line:

sudo service pg3 stop
sudo rm /var/polyglot/pg3/pg3.db
sudo service pg3 start

this will remove the PG3 database (which is the only configuration file it has) and PG3 will re-created it with default when it starts.

I don't know how to do that same thing with PG2 as it uses a different database to hold it's configuration.

5 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

Neither PG3 nor PG2 are designed to be fully deleted from the system.

However, If you want to clear PG3 of all settings and return to all defaults you can do the following from the ssh command line:

sudo service pg3 stop
sudo rm /var/polyglot/pg3/pg3.db
sudo service pg3 start

this will remove the PG3 database (which is the only configuration file it has) and PG3 will re-created it with default when it starts.

I don't know how to do that same thing with PG2 as it uses a different database to hold it's configuration.

Thank you for the information.  If anyone knows how to do that with PG2, it would be much appreciated!

Jasson

Thank you for the information.  If anyone knows how to do that with PG2, it would be much appreciated!
Jasson
if you are running on an RPi you would reimage the SD card. PG2 has so many parameter files it will likely never be revealed. Me thinks PG3 does also.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, larryllix said:

if you are running on an RPi you would reimage the SD card. PG2 has so many parameter files it will likely never be revealed. Me thinks PG3 does also.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

I am running on a Polisy.  

Archived