pretty lost on PG3

jkraus

New polisy, up and running, running Iop added a PG3 node server, seems to install OK, but where do I see it on my ISY dashboard, pretty lost on how this works and how I access the new installed node server...or maybe it never installed but I got all green comments??

OK found the installed node server on the PG3 dashboard, but I thought it would show up on the isy dashboard.  I installed the KASA NS and all my KASA switches showed up, but now how do I use them?   still quite confused on the basics here

19 minutes ago, jkraus said:

OK found the installed node server on the PG3 dashboard, but I thought it would show up on the isy dashboard.  I installed the KASA NS and all my KASA switches showed up, but now how do I use them?   still quite confused on the basics here

Did you close the admin console and reopen it?

just tried no difference.  Should the nodes show up under the main tab where all my devices and scenes are?  If so, no change.  It seems I was messing with the isy portal, and do you need to upload from there to get the new node servers...getting kind of confused with now three interfaces (isy, PG N Servers, and Isy portal)

no there is no Kasa controller in the tree.  The node server give me no errors and says they are installed,  I have doubled checked the UUID and I have the correct isy (deleted the old one ot be sure) and rebooted and cleared java several times still not luck..I am sure it is user error, but I followed the wiki (and advice here) but still no luck

I'd recommend that you restart the node server from the PG3 details page.  Then download a log package from the node server's log page.  Then work with the Kasa node server author, @JimboAutomates, to figure out why the node aren't showing up on the admin console.

I'm not real familiar with the Kasa node server, but generally, once it starts it should automatically add nodes so that they show up in the admin console and you'll be able to control the Kasa devices and see their status there.

Yea agreed, as a newbie on the Node servers I am sure I have something just barely wrong.  on the IOP the new node servers show up , and I added the new isy on the PG3 page and the UUID looks correct, but yea they are not talking to eahother...so I am close but missing a key last item somewhere

I Think @MrBill and yourself have the right idea. Your Polisy isn't setup for the right ISY. Open your PG3 web page and click on <ISY>. Check that you have the correct UUID listed. For example I have two ISY's One is my original ISY994, the other is the newer IoP.

You can add your IoP, by clicking on the <Add New ISY>
2022-05-01_18-32-29.png.3bd4b44a377fa2f646ede74d31fe8aeb.png
Name is what ever you want to call your IoP

IP is the IP addr of your IoP

Port should be either 8080 or 8433

User Name by default is admin

Password by default is admin

Once you get Admin Console running make sure you have the ISY check box checked.

2022-05-01_15-59-25.thumb.png.59212ac915f7784e53901198bce8d5fc.png

It's referring to the PG3 server.

Open a connection to the Polisy using SSH.

SSH your_polisy_ip

Login is admin

Password is admin

type the following command
sudo service pg3 restart

That should get PG3 up and running.

OK actually got a node installed!  but some of the ones I installed before are not connected, and I cant reinstall due to ith think I already have them .  Is there a way to delete some previous NS?  you have been a great help

BTW this forum is fantastic. This thread, and many others i have started are almost instantly responded to. Thanks to all, makes me feel not so isolated when pulling my hair out while sitting alone in my office ?

That looks like PG2. The portal account is unmanageable, that is normal. If you fire up PG3

IP_Addr_Polisy:3000

admin / admin

You will see that Portal isn't listed. As far as that errent entry 2/2. I would just ssh into the Polisy and... WinSCP works too!

cd /var/polyglot/node servers
ls                 (lower case Ls, You should see something related to the 2/2 NS or possibly an empty directory. That's the one you want to delete.)
rm -R directory_name              (what ever the name is that you find.)

Be very careful not to delete the wrong directory. It will remove the Node server in PG2

Archived