Minoston mini plug MP21Z - is direct to ISY994 3.3.4 (6.88 zwave) didn't include as secure (I think it didn't)

The zwave info in event viewer (below) indicates that the switch has the Secutity_2 command class and that security=None.  The Minoston doc indicates S2 support but, has no reference as to how to include securely so I'm assuming like Aeotec, if the controller is set for secure add, it will add secure. I do have the 994i set to "allow secure devices to be added". I currently have two thermostats that don't support secure, one Aeotec range Extender 6 (which also shows secure=None) and this Minoston switch.

Please note that the Minoston switch is 5 feet from the ISY and is direct to the ISY in the 994's zwave routing table.

Questions:

1) Am I reading the event viewer info correctly? does security=None mean the device wasn't added with security?

2) If I am reading it correctly, why didn't it add securely? (said as I scratch my head)

3) Is my assumption that the switch will add securely without any button presses on the switch correct?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

image.png.7834e7272ef46213c6c1d849bf46ecef.png

Edited by cwagner2401

thanks, lilyoyo1.

Per the alliance doc below,  the Minoston switch supports S0.   Shouldn't it include as secure=S0?  The switch is direct to the ISY - no repeater in the route.

I do know that my ISY supports S0.  I have a Kwikset lock that comes up as secure=S0

image.thumb.png.c0802d9ee94f9a3a6e3069d376848878.png

Update - I was able to include an Aeotec Smart Switch 7 and it does show in the ISY as secure=0.

So maybe even though the doc that Minoston provided to Zwave Alliance indicates that it supports S0, the fact is that it doesn't? 

Interesting.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, cwagner2401 said:

Update - I was able to include an Aeotec Smart Switch 7 and it does show in the ISY as secure=0.

So maybe even though the doc that Minoston provided to Zwave Alliance indicates that it supports S0, the fact is that it doesn't? 

Interesting.

Has anyone had trouble getting these devices to show status in the ISY? I can control them fine but the ISY always says "Request Failed" when I try to get status. I tried excluding and re-including without success. The nearest ISY-controlled zwave device is about 50 feet from the Minoston, so it could be that I just need to add a repeater, but it's puzzling to me that the device works but can't report status.

19 hours ago, landolfi said:

Has anyone had trouble getting these devices to show status in the ISY? I can control them fine but the ISY always says "Request Failed" when I try to get status. I tried excluding and re-including without success. The nearest ISY-controlled zwave device is about 50 feet from the Minoston, so it could be that I just need to add a repeater, but it's puzzling to me that the device works but can't report status.

Its not puzzling. If you yell at someone across a room and they hear you, does that guarantee you'll hear them? Same applies for your devices. That's why repeaters are recommended

• 4 months later...