ST-Sonos installed on PG3

22 minutes ago, auger66 said:

Does it have a volume fade to off feature?

Edit: Or a way to simulate fade to off? I didn't see that feature on Jishi's github readme file.

I'm not aware of any native Sonos capability for 'fade to off'.  Might be able to simulate one with a program or could be a simulated addition that could be done within the NS code and taking fade time as a configuration parameter and lower the volume at pre-defined increment until it hits 0.... 

30 minutes ago, simplextech said:

I'm not aware of any native Sonos capability for 'fade to off'.  Might be able to simulate one with a program or could be a simulated addition that could be done within the NS code and taking fade time as a configuration parameter and lower the volume at pre-defined increment until it hits 0.... 

Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking--multiple steps down to zero. Then a stop and another program to set the volume back up where it was.

When I leave I press the "exit" button, which turns all the lights off and stops all Sonos speakers. The music stop is a little abrupt. I wanted to smooth that out a little. I'll play with it.

1 hour ago, simplextech said:

So this works OK. Just not very elegant. I originally used 5% increments, but that was too steppy. "Group" speaker volume affects them all. I only have one "everywhere" group. Bathroom was alphabetically first on the list. I have this run then embedded into my "exit" program.

Sonos volume fade off - [ID 0018][Parent 0001]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 27%
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 24%
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 21%
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 18%
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 15%
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 12%
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 9%
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 6%
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 3%
        Set 'ST-Sonos' Pause All
        Set 'ST-Sonos / Bathroom' Group Volume 30%

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The various status boxes on the ISY admin console for each speaker are all over the place when all speakers are playing. For instance, I have five speakers. Two show status playing; three show status N/A. Some other boxes are accurate; some don't appear to be. But all speakers appear to respond properly.

The installation log (attached) shows many errors, but everything seems to be working ok. But I've barely touched it so far.

Thanks

Edit: If the bathroom speaker isn't playing, the volume fade part doesn't work on the rest of the speakers. Pause all does. I generally have all or none playing so this isn't that big of a deal.

ST-sonos log.txt

Edited by auger66
11 minutes ago, auger66 said:

The installation log (attached) shows many errors, but everything seems to be working ok. But I've barely touched it so far.

Two of the errors (log level) are debugs that I left in and should remove.  The other "error" related to the Node not found is because of the async nature of changes/things happening and the nodes not being created/existing just yet.  Things have to "catch up".

Initial "status" of the Nodes is set when they receive information related to them.  So not all nodes will have any information if nothing has happened from that Node/Speaker yet.  

52 minutes ago, WHaas said:

I'm working with ST-Sonos as well.  Nice idea for the fade out for the music.  I have gotten the TTS work.  Does anyone know where to load the custom MP3 for the "Clip" audio?

They need to be placed on the file system on Polisy.

Example:

/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/00:0d:b9:4e:37:d0_4/node-sonos-http-api/static/clips

Replace the Node Server 00:0d:b9:4e:37:d0_4 with the location that matches your installation.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

When Playing a Clip the volume seems to be very low and making changes to the volume does not seem to affect the output.  Anyone know of a way to set the volume on Clips or Say?  I would say when a clip is played the volume is about 30%.  No matter what volume (current device level or setting volume level in program first) does not seem to impact Clips.  Ideas?

15 hours ago, MGustin said:

When Playing a Clip the volume seems to be very low and making changes to the volume does not seem to affect the output.  Anyone know of a way to set the volume on Clips or Say?  I would say when a clip is played the volume is about 30%.  No matter what volume (current device level or setting volume level in program first) does not seem to impact Clips.  Ideas?

What type of file are you playing?  This is odd as the clip/say function does not touch volume before or after in the NS.  

On 8/18/2022 at 10:02 AM, MGustin said:

MP3 (using the sample file right now for testing) or whatever format the Say function uses.  Volume works on all other aspects, i.e. Playlist, without issue.

The say function generates the mp3 file via a cloud based service that takes the values in the Say configuration to create the MP3.  The file being generated may be of low quality or volume.  I'll have to run a test and look into it.  The Clip function may use a local mp3 file which is provided as part of the underlying API being used.  This I don't know about but can look into it.

Neither Say nor Clip change/adjust volume on their own (or should not) which leads me to think it's the mp3 quality.