Troubleshooting some problematic devices/links.

Slates

Ok, I was hoping I wouldn't have to appeal to the "pros" here already, but I cannot seem to figure out what is causing these issues:

(if its not obvious, I am a brand new owner of an ISY) :)

ISY 99i 2.7.9 alpha

PLM Dual Band (yeah, found out too late that I should get the old version!)

1) Switchlink Relay 247S6 v.35 - S.Garage Lights

I have this switchlinc and one other in a scene called Garage Lights with 2 keypadbuttons as controllers. This scene works perfectly with close to a 0% failure rate when controlled via the keypads. The scene was setup in the ISY.

I have a simple program to turn on the scene before sunset and off 3.5 hours later. The first day or so, the program worked fine. The last couple however, the scene doesn't turn on as expected, however, the program does turn the scene off as designed. The keypad controls still work perfectly.. I really doubt its noise in the line but I guess anything is possible. I just don't understand why everything else turns the scene on fine but the ISY cannot (but can turn it off).

2) Keypadlinc 2486D v.2d (6 button)(Master Bedroom) and Lamplinc 2456D3 v.33 (WetBar)

I had an old linc to the D button on the keypad to turn on the lamplinc above. Once I got the ISY, I factory reset the Keypadlinc and set it up. For some reason, the link to the lamplinc will not die. I have tried:

- Factory reset of both devices, restore device in ISY, no luck

- Adding the link of the lamplinc to the keypad button in ISY and then deleting it, no luck.

- Factory reset of the Keypadlinc - tried the buttons right after, none worked on anything. I then restored device and all but buttons C and D worked (C controls the lamplinc in question along with 3 others). I restored device again, and no change. Restored a 3rd time and the C button works again as designed, however, the D button has re-instated the link to the Wetbar lamplinc.

I cannot for the life of me remove this linc... its almost as if the ISY is creating the linc itself, even though its not listed anywhere in the interface.

I would appreciate any ideas on this... my last resort is replacing the switchlinc relay for 1) and just giving up on 2) (I don't use the button for anything right now, its just annoying).

Thanks!

Slates

I just tried another option for the 2) issue...

Removed the KeypadLinc from the ISY

Factory Rest the KeypadLinc (checked all buttons, they didn't control anything)

Re-added the C button to the Lamps Scene

C button works fine

D button has restored the infamous link.

Ugh.

Last idea is to delete the scene in the ISY and recreate... maybe it has a hidden link in the ISY config...

Officially lost...

I deleted the scene and recreated... also factory reset the WetBar lamplinc before recreating. Once done, the C button works for all lamps except the Wetbar one. If I sent a signal directly from ISY to turn it on or off, it works fine. So, as a latch ditch effort, I restored the device... what do you know, it works on C button! BUT... D button now has the infamous link created again. I think that is proof that it is coming from the ISY... how is this possible?

Ok.. fixed 2)... I went old school and manually unlinked the device from the keypad... Why I skipped over the obvious, who knows... I would still love input on 1)

Much appreciated.

Slates,

I am of the belief that you have been bitten by one of the bugs in 2.7.9 ... in some cases, the links are not written out ISY would be out of synch with your devices. My recommendation at this point is:

1. If you have 2.7.9, please do not create any scenes ... in all likelihood, these scenes will have to be recreated in 2.7.10

2. If you do not have any v2 thermostats, go back to 2.7.7 and restore your 2.7.7 backup. If you have any programs in 2.7.9, you can safely export them and then import them back to 2.7.7 or 2.7.10 later on

With kind regards,

Michel

OK. Since I have to basically start from scratch with 2.7.9 I don't have a 2.7.7 version to restore (dual band PLM issues).

It is not that big of a deal to me though, I can just deal with the program not working on the garage lights for now and wait for 2.7.10 where I will recreate all scenes, etc.

Thanks for the help!

PS. Is it safe to power cycle the ISY if it gets locked up? I made some ramp rate changes last night and I haven't been able to connect to it since. Normally I would power cycle it, but just wanted to confirm that was a safe thing to do once I was sure it wasn't just busy updating.

Archived