Baffled by new scene - Otherwise working Responders won't respond

bertible

I'm creating a new scene "Conversation" with a "newly reset" 2477D dimmer switch as a controller.   I want a dimmed conversation lighting that turns on two other nodes, a 2nd 2477D "fireplace light" and a 2457D2 dimmer module "table lamp".  Both of these responders work fine responding to another scene with different controllers nearby.  Here's what I've done:

- Replaced 1 2477D with another thinking maybe the switch was bad.   Added switch with a different name

- Repeated deleting the switch and the scene a few times in admin console, then doing reset as follows.

- Full reset of 2477D with 10 seconds off, followed by pressing  until the  long beep fully ends.

- Readded the switch in Admin Console, and recreate the scene with a new name (and managed scene serial number)

The controller 2477D works fine on it's own, either physically or through admin console or alexa.  The responders are the problem.

When I turn the scene on from Admin Console, the two responders show at their On level, but aren't physically On.  Pressing Query, they change to show as Off.  Physically turning on the controller switch doesn't do anything to the responders either.

When I compare the two scenes in Admin Console, the one with the same responders working, they look the same, but the second one just won't work?

What am I doing wrong?   or could I have two 2477D switches that have gone partly bad?  

9 hours ago, bertible said:

I'm creating a new scene "Conversation" with a "newly reset" 2477D dimmer switch as a controller.   I want a dimmed conversation lighting that turns on two other nodes, a 2nd 2477D "fireplace light" and a 2457D2 dimmer module "table lamp".  Both of these responders work fine responding to another scene with different controllers nearby.  Here's what I've done:

- Replaced 1 2477D with another thinking maybe the switch was bad.   Added switch with a different name

- Repeated deleting the switch and the scene a few times in admin console, then doing reset as follows.

- Full reset of 2477D with 10 seconds off, followed by pressing  until the  long beep fully ends.

- Readded the switch in Admin Console, and recreate the scene with a new name (and managed scene serial number)

The controller 2477D works fine on it's own, either physically or through admin console or alexa.  The responders are the problem.

When I turn the scene on from Admin Console, the two responders show at their On level, but aren't physically On.  Pressing Query, they change to show as Off.  Physically turning on the controller switch doesn't do anything to the responders either.

When I compare the two scenes in Admin Console, the one with the same responders working, they look the same, but the second one just won't work?

What am I doing wrong?   or could I have two 2477D switches that have gone partly bad?  

Isy firmware AND UI? 

Did you configure the scene attributes and controller? 

Thanks Lil Yoyo

Firmware and UI as follows, v5.3.4.

By configuring attributes and controller, do you mean the admin console scene & device screens below?  From this forum, I think maybe there is a way to look at the underlying script/coding, but I don't know how to access that, though I do have some coding ability in other systems.  Let me know if you see anything unusual in these config screens.  At the moment I have only one responder to the Conversation scene, while troubleshooting this problem.

Gary

image.png.f7de642932e1110c8ad0f38aa199407f.png

image.thumb.png.04204d3d4a78b91811b3512bd5132e7c.pngimage.thumb.png.b9ba2b320ef79e4616eee1c676d55e72.png

Remember that when you configure Scene's you much do it multiple times.  Once at the Root level of the scene (in this case "Conversation") and once for each controller (red link) that is a member of the scene (in this case "Parlor Recessed lights").

The root level determines what happens when the scene is activated by the ISY, the Red link settings determine what happens with the scene is activated with that controller.

Thanks Mr. Bill,

I didn't know that, but I think I managed to cover it by trying everything I could think of from multiple directions.  To be sure,  I've just gone in and looked at the Parlor lights from the root level of the Conversation scene.  the only thing I changed was changing retries from 1 to 2.   But no effect.

Below is shot of red link root level screen, with Conversation scene turned on (to 20%).   Even though both devices show at 20%, the fireplace is not on.  If I press Query in the scene screen, it will correct the screen and show the Fireplace off, but Parlor lights on.  No difference between activating through Admin Console, or at device.

image.thumb.png.63fd8e5a7a64facfff1ac34d29319760.png

Glory Be!!   As simple as this solution was, it worked!    Scene finally working after dozens of retries.   I was hesitant to use the "restore devices" command as the warning box makes it look like it's going to reprogram every single device on your system.  I had another scene with a ZWave device that was quirky to get working, and I was worried about losing it.

Thanks Mr Bill

Gary

Archived