Calendar function

busababy

Perhaps a Tasker library for people to post their tasker profiles for others to import.  Other websites of course have this already, but the library here would be geared toward ISY and home automation.

That would be awesome!  +1

I am not sure how we will share Tasker profiles without retyping the whole thing. Mind you most are very short Tasks.

That would be awesome!  +1

I am not sure how we will share Tasker profiles without retyping the whole thing. Mind you most are very short Tasks.

Profiles can be exported, then imported at the other end.  No typing needed.  I have some profiles that are fairly extensive.  When you export a project, it includes all the profiles and tasks associated with it.  I am very happy for the function as I was able to put all of my profiles onto my wife's phone very quickly.  Otherwise it would have been hours.

MobilInc has great geofencing implementation, and the connect subscription isn't required to use it. It uses the phone (not wifi) to tell when I'm within a defined proximity to my home (or other multiple locations). When either of us is home, the heat is on. When we're both away, the offset kicks in, It's that simple. It doesn't matter if we're staying out late for dinner after work, staying home on a long weekend, or coming home early. No calendar required.

I can set "away" mode when both my wife and I are more than a mile from our house, and "vacation" mode when we're both more than 100 miles away.

I have another geofence around my vacation home. When I'm within 20 miles, it can turn on the heat, etc. I can automatically text my wife when I'm within 100 yards (although I may not necessarily want to).

So back to the original topic, I don't need a link to an online calendar to tell my ISY whether I think I'll be home on a given day, and at what time.

I also think it's a bit obnoxious to pester UD about how simple the tie-in to a third-party application is.

Tasker also has a geofence plugin.  It is free.  I haven't tried it yet, but it should do the same thing.  I manually created my "geofence" based on local cell towers, blue tooth, and wifi AP's.  

The concern I have, does using geofence require that you keep your GPS activated on your phone?  That can be a battery hog.  Using cell tower id, wifi ssid, and bluetooth settings, it only uses minimal extra battery vs full out GPS.

MobilInc has great geofencing implementation, and the connect subscription isn't required to use it....

So back to the original topic, I don't need a link to an online calendar to tell my ISY whether I think I'll be home on a given day...

Thank you Bob,

This option appears to have better accuracy than Tasker's proximity to WiFi.  Plus, I'd like the house to heat up in advance to me coming down my driveway (back from vacation).  Wifi does not reach far from my house(s).

This has been an informative discussion on things that have very little to do with the original 'Calendar' post.  But I think it shows the versatility of the ISY system and discovering better solutions to accomplish specific tasks.

When I get back home (from my vacation), I may want to get in touch with you so my system is programed like yours!

I have yet to set up my vacation home automation yet.  I need to work around the existing wireless ADT security system first.  But that's a story for another post.

Archived