Devices not showing up in "my lighting"

ryarber

I just replaced my PLM yesterday and I was going through and making sure all my switches are working correctly.

I ran across a little problem tonight that I've never seen or heard of with the ISY.

I found 2 switches that are not listed in "my lighting." The thing is, they are listed in the scenes they were previously in. I know they have been there before, but somehow they have been forgotten. I think the PLM still has a link to them.

I was going to remove the devices and relink them to the ISY/PLM so I took one of them out of the scenes it was in. It wouldn't let me remove the device from the ISY because you don't get that option unless you right-click on the device under "My Lighting."

After I removed the device, I factory reset the switch and tried to repair with the ISY/PLM. Now the ISY/PLM will not try to link again. It probably already has the link to the device in the PLM and will not attempt to pair with a device it already thinks it is paired with. So now I have a factory reset switch that is not and cannot be useable.

I also have another switch that is still listed in the scenes that were controlling it, but it is not in my lighting.

One of these is an inline relay switch and the other is an icon dimmer.

Any suggestions?

ryarber,

Sometimes these devices are in folders and thus you won't seem them under My Lighting. What I recommend is this:

1. Go to Tools | Topology

2. Check the topology for the address of the missing device

3. Check the right column and you will see the path to that device (if any)

With kind regards,

Michel

I just replaced my PLM yesterday and I was going through and making sure all my switches are working correctly.

I ran across a little problem tonight that I've never seen or heard of with the ISY.

I found 2 switches that are not listed in "my lighting." The thing is, they are listed in the scenes they were previously in. I know they have been there before, but somehow they have been forgotten. I think the PLM still has a link to them.

I was going to remove the devices and relink them to the ISY/PLM so I took one of them out of the scenes it was in. It wouldn't let me remove the device from the ISY because you don't get that option unless you right-click on the device under "My Lighting."

After I removed the device, I factory reset the switch and tried to repair with the ISY/PLM. Now the ISY/PLM will not try to link again. It probably already has the link to the device in the PLM and will not attempt to pair with a device it already thinks it is paired with. So now I have a factory reset switch that is not and cannot be useable.

I also have another switch that is still listed in the scenes that were controlling it, but it is not in my lighting.

One of these is an inline relay switch and the other is an icon dimmer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reply.

I went to Tools>Generate Topology

I see the devices there under my lighting, but I do not see any path to them. Reading left to right it gives:

Device Name

Insteon address

Location is Load

Scene Relationships

Type of device

Notes

Hi ryarber,

Apologies for not being more specific. The path is embedded in the Device name. i.e.

Bedroom / Closet / Ceiling Light ...

If you do not have any folders, then there will not be any path information. Just to make sure you are going to see the path information in your topology, please use http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.9 .

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for reply.

I went to Tools>Generate Topology

I see the devices there under my lighting, but I do not see any path to them. Reading left to right it gives:

Device Name

Insteon address

Location is Load

Scene Relationships

Type of device

Notes

Archived