Polisy version?

Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

I have the latest ISY994 running 5.3.4 and a Polisy with several node servers configured.  The Polisy is running version 2.2.13 with front-end version 2.2.9-5.  I have checked several times when logged into the Polisy via its web dashboard to see if there are updates available, but so far it doesn't appear that there are any.  I just received an email this week recommending not to update the Polisy via ssh, but though the ISY Launcher.  Do I need to update my Polisy if used only as a node server and not running ISY on Polisy?  I'm confused....

If I need to update, how do I do that?

thanks for your help

@Chris McKean

Early Polisy units originally shipped only have PG2 running, and the operating system on those units is older and won't run either PG3 or IoP, nor will it upgrade beyond a certain point in the UI.   If you have a unit that old enough that it's NOT showing as an ISY in finder then you will need to contact support to upgrade your Polisy, and they will have you run ssh commands to get there.  email support@universal-devices.com if you fall into this category (which it sounds like you do).

Once your Polisy shows up in Finder its capable of 3 things.... PG2, PG3 and IoP.   PG2 and its node servers are deprecated and not receiving anymore updates.  You should update your node servers to the PG3 versions at some point (although at the moment it's not a rush thing that must be accomplished today or this week or even this month.  PG2 and PG3 have seperate UI"s and are in fact entirely different processes running on Polisy.   Once your Polisy is up-to-date to this point all future Polisy updates are done via the button in the admin console.

Edited by MrBill

I have a Polisy Pro.  The only markings on it are on the bottom that says Polisy Pro and what looks like a MAC address.  When I log into Polisy via the Admin Console, the "Upgrade Process - As of July 2022" says that when I am on the config tab and System tab under that, it should have an option to upgrade packages.  I don't have that on my screen.  Should I run the commands described in wiki under "Polisy OS versions below 13"?  My polisy is running 2.2.13.

• Solution
12 minutes ago, Chris McKean said:

I have a Polisy Pro.  The only markings on it are on the bottom that says Polisy Pro and what looks like a MAC address.  When I log into Polisy via the Admin Console, the "Upgrade Process - As of July 2022" says that when I am on the config tab and System tab under that, it should have an option to upgrade packages.  I don't have that on my screen.  Should I run the commands described in wiki under "Polisy OS versions below 13"?  My polisy is running 2.2.13.

Login via SSH and type "uname -a" then email the results to support@universal-devices.com and await explicit instructions.  You most likely need to run those commands in the wiki, but note that "Polisy OS versions below 13" refers to the FreeBSD version as supplied by uname -a, not "My polisy is running 2.2.13. "

It's confusing, therefor I suggest contacting support for the exact instructions needed for your case.

I'll add one more important fact.  I think the recent change to only using the upgrade button in the admin console is because there are some package updates that got applied too quickly and the UD software wasn't ready for that to happen.  I don't know the current state of the instructions in the wiki, they might be lagging being updated.

• Like 1

@Chris McKean let us know what you hear back from support. Not sure if the SSH commands to go from 12 to 13 would still apply so think it's best to work with Support to get up to something that will run PG3 and IoP (ISY on Polisy). 

The July 2022 update process relates ONLY to IoP and as @MrBill says some recent underlying updates that were causing issues.