Hue NS can't find Hue Bridge (not populating nodes)

Hoosier Daddy
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

The Hue NS quit working when I moved from PG2 to PG3. I believe the root cause was a concurrent LAN ip range change from 192.168.xxx to the 10.0.xxx. That change was unrelated to home automation but seems to have uncovered a problem that several others have noticed. The PG3 NS cannot find the Hue bridge if you make any router changes. I forced the Eero router back to the 192.168.xxx range, factory reset the Hue hub, verified that meethue.com is communicating with the hub, and then reinstalled the PG3 NS. Same outcome, a Hue node does appear is IoP, but no lighting nodes. The log files show that the NS is not finding the bridge. Using the 'ip' parameter does not help.

Some files are missing with the new NS install on PG3, for example:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/polyglot/.python_hue'

hue:connect: Saved bridges information is not found
hue:connect: No bridge configuration found, trying discovery...
INFO phue:connect: Attempting to connect to the bridge...
INFO phue:connect: Error opening config file, will attempt bridge registration

2022-06-03 14:49:50,347 Thread-1 udi_interface INFO phue:get_ip_address: Connecting to discovery.meethue.com/
2022-06-03 14:49:50,392 Thread-1 udi_interface ERROR hue:connect: Cannot find Hue Bridge

Getting a lot of python errors too, regarding failed communications.

I put in a ticket, but we didn't get anywhere and it's not really UDI's problem, I guess.

Any thoughts about what to try next? I don't know how to connect with the developer since the PG3 store links to the Hue dev site.

Edited by Hoosier Daddy
  • Like 1
  • Solution

Thanks to a little help from @bpwwer the trick is the IP has to be formatted in an "odd" way that I wasn't expecting. I fixed in my PG2 node server setup and then added in PG3 and it worked right away. So, I think it should also work in PG3, but check and confirm if you don't mind.

Key = bridges

Value = ["#.#.#.#"]        (MUST have the square bracket AND the quotes)

In PG2 see below:

image.png

As soon as I set that and restarted the node server it told me to press the button on the hue. After doing that nodes filled in right away!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1