Isy On Polisy not able to integrate in Home Assistant?

Hi there, 

I decided to try my hand at home assistant integration of my ISY994 AND my ISY on Polisy. I had a Polisy for a long time, and now setting up to make the transition, and decided to try HA at the same time.... the issue is that HA will connect with the ISY994 with no problem, but is returning "Retrying setup: Invalid XML response from ISY; Ensure the ISY is running the latest firmware: ISY Could not parse response, poorly formatted XML." on the Polisy instance.

I have, with no small amount of help form people on this board, managed some over-my-own-head fixes in the past and am hoping theres something someone already knows about this that might help me.

Thanks... 

P.S If its something complicated but doable, I would be happy to pay for the time/expertise it may take.

1 hour ago, Samedarkclouds said:

Hi there, 

I decided to try my hand at home assistant integration of my ISY994 AND my ISY on Polisy. I had a Polisy for a long time, and now setting up to make the transition, and decided to try HA at the same time.... the issue is that HA will connect with the ISY994 with no problem, but is returning "Retrying setup: Invalid XML response from ISY; Ensure the ISY is running the latest firmware: ISY Could not parse response, poorly formatted XML." on the Polisy instance.

I have, with no small amount of help form people on this board, managed some over-my-own-head fixes in the past and am hoping theres something someone already knows about this that might help me.

Thanks... 

P.S If its something complicated but doable, I would be happy to pay for the time/expertise it may take.

Does the Polisy have nodes, programs and variables or it an empty polisy?

16 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Does the Polisy have nodes, programs and variables or it an empty polisy?

MrBill, MrBill!! Sorry couldn't help it. Thank you so much.

I loaded two insteon devices, linked them together in a scene, and added a Zwave device... I figured it was a bad idea to try and figure it out empty. I got everything working as far as that's concerned.... I have NOT "moved" the node server part of polisy to the IoP, its still running as a node server on the ISY994. 

The HA found the Polisy right away, but I tried every combination of IP and TLS in the configuration and it does the same error every time regardless.... The ISY994 loaded everything into HA no issue with all the same settings. I opened both admin panels and compared settings, and the portal and checked there... just don't know what's throwing the issue. 

Thanks again, anything else I should include that would help I am ready to provide... sorry I'm awkward and make typos... imma spectrum-ish dyslexic type.

Edited by Samedarkclouds

also make certain that there is at least one program... that was a problem for someone else.   Specifically the program doesn't necessarily need to do anything you just need at least one program.

And I don't think you need at least one of each type of variable but add one of each type just to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
57 minutes ago, Geddy said:

@Samedarkclouds take a look at this recent post and see if you learn anything from what's being discussed there - 

PS: Moved to "Home Assistant" area of the forums as it's more a HA question than a true IoP issue. At least the way I read your issue.

24 minutes ago, MrBill said:

also make certain that there is at least one program... that was a problem for someone else.   Specifically the program doesn't necessarily need to do anything you just need at least one program.

And I don't think you need at least one of each type of variable but add one of each type just to be sure.

My GOD @MrBill.... I KNEW IT. I knew there would be something simple and not widely documented that you would just know off the top of your head. YOU NAILED IT.

It corrected itself in HA in real time. I didn't catch it till after I had added both a program and a variable of each type, so I can not confirm at what point it got what it needed, but it required no removal/reinstall of the integration.... just fired right up.

You saved me from wandering around in the dark and pits of HA and UD forums for a wild goose.

You re my hero.

Edited by Samedarkclouds
  • Like 3