ELK M1 Low Battery (Even After Replacement)

KHouse

I've got an ELK M1 panel installed at home.  It runs Honeywell wireless, so not too much plugged into the panel itself.

I received a TRANS/LOW BATTERY warning on the LCD (and associated beeping from the panel).  The battery is about 4 years old so I figured that's about right to replace it.  Purchased a new ELK brand battery (same one that was in there).

Out of the box the battery registers 12.6V.  Plugged into the panel it reads 13.2 / 13.3 V (on my multimeter).  However, the low battery warning returned withing an hour.  I've tried turning the system on/off with the new battery connected.  Tried leaving it off for a while with no battery.  Tried waiting until it does it's daily re-check at 4pm.  Tried running the system test/rested (Menu -> #8 -> #4, etc).  That comes back with a reading of 13.8 V.

However, I'm stilling getting the low battery warning on the LCD and the beeps.

Am I missing something in resetting this or anyone know what I could do to fix it?

1 hour ago, TrojanHorse said:

It appears that the low battery is on a transmitter, not the battery that you replaced. Should be able to see which transmitter either on the keypad quickly or with the logs either on Elk RP or via keypad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.  Would you happen to know how to check it on the keypad (what steps or under what #/settings)?

Update for anyone searching in the future.

After some Googling, the error was a low battery in a wireless transmitter.  Turned out to be a glass break sensor had low battery.

In RP2, able to check the log and that showed which zone it was that had the low battery.

• Like 2