Sensor values - ZSE40 multilevel sensor

CMortimer

I am new to ISY programming using a Polisy system.  I would like to acquire the sensor value for battery level, temperature, humidity, and luminance from a ZOOZ ZSE40 motion sensor.

How do I go about getting these values from the sensor and placing them into a variable that can be used in a custom notification?

How does this process involve the use of a Query?

Any help from the forum would be very much appreciated.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have that sensor and some experience with programming. If you go to Programs tab/Details tab, click New Program, then under the heading "Add to Program", click Condition, then go down to Status, click your Zooz Multisensor, it will show you the various values the sensor collects and you can add the tests for those values you want (> < = not, etc.). When you have the condition you want, click "Add to If" at the bottom. Continue for all conditions you want in your program, then add the Actions you want in the Then section. When done, be sure to click the Save Changes button on the left side to save the program.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I was aware of these “conditions,” but what I was after was to have an ability to display the actual values, as shown on the Zooz Multilevel sensor device status page, in a custom notification report.  I have not found any obvious way to take these values and put them into a notification report.  Your suggestion would allow me to setup up conditions, i.e., <,>, =, etc., and then generate a notification saying that a sensor value was out of limits, etc.  A very long program could show an approximation to actual sensor values using repetitive condition statements each tied to a notification.  However, that approach would be contrary to an elegant solution that somehow extracts the sensor values from the ZSE40  device. I am sure this must be possible but it is not obvious.

Any suggestions?

I see what you're after. If I recall correctly there's a way to make REST calls to the ISY, and I would think that would include queries like the one you're talking about.

I don't know about you, but I have found this sensor to work well most of the time but occasionally it gets "stuck". I think in my case this may be because it's fairly remote from my hub, so I've taken some measures to improve the mesh.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I thought my notifications were on but they were not.

REST is basically specifying an HTTP command with parameters, and there are numerous examples once you know what the allowed parameters are.

The wiki is the best doc I know of: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Developers:API:REST_Interface

But I also noticed just now there is someone asking about writing the sensor values from an Aeotec sensor to a log file, so you might want to keep an eye on this one: 

When it comes to the ZSE40, I conclude from my experience that it's important to keep it awake manually during inclusion and not implement it too far from the hub.

Thanks for REST information.  I find it strange that an ISY program can test for a condition (>,=,<, etc) against a sensor parameter value, but this same capability to include, as an action, that parameter value in a report or log defined by a user program does not seem to be available. Weird!  Perhaps a ticket to Customer Support may shake the answer from the tree?