Zooz ZSE 700 LIght Sensor

andrewherman

1 hour ago, andrewherman said:

Trying to set up above light sensor on ISY on Polisy.  Want to use it trigger a scene when it gets dark.  

Can't seem to figure out where it has a "trigger".  Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Did you set the parameters for the sensor as outlined in the owners manual? 

Once you do that and it's reporting properly, you can write programs to accomplish whatever you're trying to do.

• Like 1

I was just about to reply as well with a screen shot of setting it up in a program when I saw @lilyoyo1 response.  I'm glad he did cause he is a Z-Wave Guru!  I tried to add it as a controller to a scene test, but it will only add as a responder.  I was thinking it would be difficult to do with a scene since this shows up a multi-level sensor in my Polisy.

Hopefully this will help a bit to see what it would it look like in a program.

image.png.a1ef93e7945652adea0630d94e03cf0a.png

• Like 1

Thanks, I think I got it.  The default Light sensor is set to 10% change, which is OK.  I'm going to add it to a program that turns on lights at sunset - however, if a cloudy day, the sensor could trigger the program.

Looks like I can as much with Zwave as I could with Insteon.  Only thing I don't see is something equivalent to the keypad switches.

Can you tell me how often the sensor sends lighting changes?  Also, best outdoor Zwave lighting sensor.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Andrew

Edited by andrewherman

31 minutes ago, andrewherman said:

The default Light sensor is set to 10% change, which is OK. 

31 minutes ago, andrewherman said:

Can you tell me how often the sensor sends lighting changes?

I'm guessing your question about how often is related to time???  As I understand the manual of the device is it reports when the lighting changes by a certain percent not at time intervals.  By default this should report when a 10% change occurs as you mentioned.  It looks like you can set this sensor to report from 5-50% by changing the parameter.  

35 minutes ago, andrewherman said:

Only thing I don't see is something equivalent to the keypad switches.

The Zooz Zen 32 is closest I have found.

36 minutes ago, andrewherman said:

Also, best outdoor Zwave lighting sensor.

I don't have any experience with Z-Wave outdoor rated sensors, but if I were to try one I would try Zooz. 

13 hours ago, andrewherman said:

Thanks, I think I got it.  The default Light sensor is set to 10% change, which is OK.  I'm going to add it to a program that turns on lights at sunset - however, if a cloudy day, the sensor could trigger the program.

Looks like I can as much with Zwave as I could with Insteon.  Only thing I don't see is something equivalent to the keypad switches.

Can you tell me how often the sensor sends lighting changes?  Also, best outdoor Zwave lighting sensor.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Andrew

10% isnt much of a change. For example, if the sunlight coming into your house is 110 lux- is it really dark enough to warrant turning on the lights at 99lux. With such a small window, you'll be cycling the lights off and on constantly. 

When it comes to luminosity, I prefer something that provides more accuracy such as the aeotec tri-sensor. Because I can use actual values in my programs, I can set the lights to turn on when the light drops below a certain threshold and off should it go above a certain threshold (if on). 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, andrewherman said:

If I understand, I can use the Zooz to say if level drops below 30% then turn on lights?  Not worried about turning off - I use a time setting for that.

Just want the sensor to run a program when light level declines.

Thanks.

yes

• Like 2