Suggestions for an easy-to-implement data logger

steve-elves
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

I've been experimenting building my own Z-Wave home automation devices, using a nice little Arduino-like micro device called "Z-Uno".  So far I've built a small controller for my 3-zone irrigation system, an environment monitor (temperature & smoke) with a relay to control a fan in my 3D printer cabinet, and an ultrasonic level measurement device for my rainwater collection tanks (used for garden irrigation).  It's the latter application for which I'd like data logging - I'd like to be able to graph the tank levels during rain events and during irrigation.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple method to capture the tank level data (once every 5 minutes would be plenty)?

I've been experimenting building my own Z-Wave home automation devices, using a nice little Arduino-like micro device called "Z-Uno".  So far I've built a small controller for my 3-zone irrigation system, an environment monitor (temperature & smoke) with a relay to control a fan in my 3D printer cabinet, and an ultrasonic level measurement device for my rainwater collection tanks (used for garden irrigation).  It's the latter application for which I'd like data logging - I'd like to be able to graph the tank levels during rain events and during irrigation.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple method to capture the tank level data (once every 5 minutes would be plenty)?

I was looking for data logger and another member pointed me to this

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series_INSTEON:Networking#Dynamic.2FCustom_Page_Creation

It works well on 994 but not sure if it carried forward to IoP.
  • Solution

NodeLinc has a datalogger.  you'll need a pi to run it tho.

Home Assistant with the Universal-Devices integration does some logging automatically, I haven't yet figured out how hang onto it, like temperatures that I want to record long term.  (haven't spent much time on it yet, but do have it on a list of things to learn/figure out.)