using ISY without PLM

28 minutes ago, captainc said:

I wanted to see how it worked for you.  I am doing the almost same thing by using my old 994 with the latest firmware and z wave board for a z wave hub at another house.

I can't add z wave devices or delete old scenes.

It works without issue. I use that firmware with my system so that if something happens with my PLM, everything else will continue to work

Thanks, i just changed to that firmware remotely and was able to delete scenes and programs.  Will be going over there to add a couple of z wave devices.

Saved the  firmware to my cloud drive as i will have to use it down the road when i move out a 994 to the polisy at another location

You can also use the "delete plm" function.  However, I believe you must have a plm attached in order to delete it.  I have a an ISY 99i that I am using just for the IR receiver on it since IoP did away with that.  I temporarily plugged my plm into that ISY which took it out of safe mode, then I was able to delete plm, then I moved the plm back to IoP.  The 99i no longer boots in safe mode.  Deleting plm did not erase the plm, it only removed the plm from the ISY database.

• 1 month later...

I would like to try the same on an ISY with the 300 series zwave board FW version 5.0.16C. Over time I plan on replacing Insteon devices with ZWave. If I have to upgrade to the 500 series ZWave board then it might not be worth the effort. What do you think?

17 minutes ago, lancelot said:

I would like to try the same on an ISY with the 300 series zwave board FW version 5.0.16C. Over time I plan on replacing Insteon devices with ZWave. If I have to upgrade to the 500 series ZWave board then it might not be worth the effort. What do you think?

What's the question? You can do the same with what you have

Edited by lilyoyo1

1 hour ago, lancelot said:

The newer Z-wave devices support the 700 series Zwave and most are backwards compatible with the 300 and 500 series Zwave controllers. The 500 series board for the ISY most likely won't be available again as the newer UD controllers, Polisy and forth coming eisy, will use the 700 series Zwave which is also backwards compatible with 300 and 500 series Zwave devices.

Yes, you can make you ISY a Zwave only controller, you'll need to change the firmware to the 5.0.16c non PLM version. This firmware won't give you an error message if the ISY doesn't have a PLM attached.

The 700 series Zwave has a greater range, faster response, OTA firmware upgrades, etc.