Updated PLM that allows more links?

FrankG

So I did it. I just hit the "buy now" button for another order from Smarthome, which included an ISY-26.

I'm a little worried that my PLM will go belly-up if I hit too many links. Considering that there's a "new" PLM allegedly coming out soon. If I make a BrickLinc out of my PLM, would I be able to get a new one?

I know this is a SH question, but I'm afraid to post it on their forum out of fear that they'll weasel me out of another $60 for the new PLM.

There is a lot of confusion around PLMs right now. Hopefully the next version will not only hold more links but will also not lock up or go to sleep.

Besides the PLM situation, there is another link related issue that is being discussed heavily in other forums. It has to do with the fact that once you have a lot of links in each group you have problems with group cleanup commands. This is because any time you fire off several group commands in rapid sequence (whether from a controller or just from pushing several wall switches in rapid succession) the group cleanup commands never get to execute. The first group never completes the group cleanup before it is interrupted by the second group command, whos cleanup is interrupted by the third group and so on. Only the final group cammand will be able to complete the full group cleanup process.

Keep in mind that there are 2 PLM issues we are dealing with here.

1 - Updated firmware. This should help lockup issues.

2 - Additional memory. This should help users who are exceeding the PLM's 417 link limit.

We may see an updated firmware before we see a unit with additional memory.

Again, I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if a PLM with more memory was released as an additional product - above the existing PLM in the product line - for users who need the ability to store over 417 links.

Archived