My thought on a updated switchlinc design.

midrar

With the relaunch of Insteon and the future integration with matterX, what’s everyone’s thoughts  on a updated Swirchlinc design. Instead of the current led design, how about a light bar. They could then sell a plate to retro fit the original design for anyone trying to match existing switches 🤷‍♂️  

Edited by midrar
Added text.
8 hours ago, midrar said:

With the relaunch of Insteon and the future integration with matterX, what’s everyone’s thoughts  on a updated Swirchlinc design. Instead of the current led design, how about a light bar. They could then sell a plate to retro fit the original design for anyone trying to match existing switches 🤷‍♂️  

They have a new design with the nokia line. While if never buy insteon again, I do like the look and quality of that switch. Would love to see it be released

1 hour ago, larryllix said:

What would the difference be? IMHO SwitchLincs already contain a "lightbar". I am not sure what the mechanical difference would be, other than added connector costs maybe?

I believe @midrar is thinking about a more Lutron Diva-like bar.  Which ... would just be a modification to the plastic bezel and replacement of the light pipes with a frosted bar.

On paper it sounds cool and would be a neat retrofit, but that's a whole new set of plastic molds, and those are gosh darn expensive.  I'm certain that the reason the old relay and dimmers shared a front despite the dimmer not having a bar of LEDs is because of the cost involved in those moldings - now, they did eventually change it (and sold retrofit kits as well, which I bought a bunch of), but a new molding as a six figure price tag.

• Like 1