Missing the 'pushover' module?

Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

I know this poly was working in thee past - but in one of the upgrades something obviously occurred. I have tried restarting, but every time I get this error (and it stops).

2022-10-01 14:10:35,429 MainThread udi_interface INFO polylogger:set_basic_config: set_basic_config: enable=True level=30
2022-10-01 14:10:38,326 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.0.47 Starting...
2022-10-01 14:10:38,331 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last):
2022-10-01 14:10:38,332 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/{UUDID}_15/./unifi_poly.py", line 15, in <module>
2022-10-01 14:10:38,334 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: from pushover import init, Client
2022-10-01 14:10:38,335 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: ModuleNotFoundError
2022-10-01 14:10:38,336 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: :
2022-10-01 14:10:38,337 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: No module named 'pushover'

I guess one question is - why is the pushover module needed for this poly? Seems unnecessary for the purpose.

I did try installing the module:

pip install pushover-python

I get the same error - even though the install appears to have been successful.

I edited the unifi_poly.py to comment out the line (line 15) - and the poly then started fine.

I'm not sure if the library is used anywhere - but it seems it may not even be needed at first glance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 5:47 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

@MWareman,

Unfortunately this poly used a deprecated library and the developer is no longer able to maintain it. Have you tried our own notification node server?

With kind regards,
Michel

Unifi Presence has very different functionality. This is not for notifying - it's about detecting the presence of devices connected to my Unifi network. I don't know why this poly even has the Pushover library imported at all - I've seen no functional impact to just commenting it out and cannot see it referenced in the code anywhere.

I do use your Notification poly for other reasons - but it does not do what this poly is about.

Thanks!

Michael.

I posted in this part of the forum (UnifiPresence) to try to contact the developer. Is it @automationgeekby chance?

https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-presenceUnifi-Node server/blob/main/README.md

Edit: You can see the erroneous import on line 15 here; https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-presenceUnifi-Node server/blob/main/unifi_poly.py

Edited by MWareman
  • 4 weeks later...

It's OK @Michel Kohanim - I was able to adjust the code to remove the dependency and the Poly is functioning fine. It was a free poly - so no refund necessary. 

Truthfully - all that need to occur is removing line 15. Not sure who can do that in the github repo though if not the author.