Package not found when attempting to update

Beaker

I recently went into the ISY control panel on the Polisy and kicked off the update.  All appeared to go well with the console shutting down etc.  Logged into the polisy to find that the update did not execute and realized that one of the packages were not available on the download site.  This caused the upgrade process to error out and not complete.  Error message below when attempting to perform the upgrade: 

pkg: https://pkg.isy.io/udx13/All/p5-Exporter-Tiny-1.004002.pkg: Not Found

On the surface not a big deal but why is pkg upgrade throwing an error and not just continuing with the REMAINING PACKAGES TO BE INSTALLED?

May I assume that you're using PG2 and running an update that way under System -> "Check for Polisy Updates"? Are you running PG3 yet and/or are you running ISY on Polisy (IoP)?

If you have been running PG3 and IoP then you need to read this for how to update: 

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/37257-polisy-update-process-use-admin-console-upgrade-packages-button/

If your Polisy is not updated to have PG3/IoP on it then please open a support ticket to get information of how to update your system without these issues. 

Under PG3 there are no options to "update" the Polisy as it has been moved to IoP and using the ISY Admin Console to run the update process scripts. 

Good luck.

To open a ticket follow one of these steps:

Submit a Ticket:       https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets
Email:                        support@universal-devices.com

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes I am utilizing the process as outlined in the above linked URL,  'admin console-upgrade-packages-button', and updated to PG3/IoP.  Just attempted it again and this time all went well and the 14 packages that pkg noted as needing to be updated were install successfully this time; I assume the missing package issue was resolved.   Question concerning the general use of pkg from the command line via ssh.  I leverage the command 'sudo pkg upgrade -Fn'  to determine if there are packages to be upgraded.  Does this cause issues with the proper execution of the upgrade process?  I leverage this as part of system monitoring/reporting via Munin.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

Question concerning the general use of pkg from the command line via ssh.  I leverage the command 'sudo pkg upgrade -Fn'  to determine if there are packages to be upgraded.  Does this cause issues with the proper execution of the upgrade process? 

I don't know this process. Probably best to check with UDI support through a support ticket. 

I'm not as inclined to have to monitor each step of the process like others do. 

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

Yes I am utilizing the process as outlined in the above linked URL,  'admin console-upgrade-packages-button', and updated to PG3/IoP.  Just attempted it again and this time all went well and the 14 packages that pkg noted as needing to be updated were install successfully this time; I assume the missing package issue was resolved. 

This doesn't make sense.  If you push this button: image.png.81595c952710e50411db896711b6f11b.png in the IoP admin console there is no feedback provided about the number of packages installed.  When this button is pressed, the admin console immediately closes.  The only feedback mechanism is a series of beeps that means it was successful or complete. 

Bottom line, if you can make a detailed statement such as "all went well and the 14 packages that pkg noted as needing to be updated were install successfully this time;"  thhen you are not updating by pressing the 'admin console-upgrade-packages-button'.

Clarification needed.

Edited by MrBill

Thanks for the response.  Yes.  that is true.  After clicking the button the admin console exits. After waiting a few minutes, SSH into the Polisy and execute pkg upgrade -Fn'  to confirm there is was no outstanding packs to be applied.  This command provides the number of packages to be upgraded.  After a little trouble shooting, I realized that pkg was exiting out with an error stating  that the previously noted package could not be found.  Hence my initial post.

Per Geddy I;ll put in a support ticket about the use of  pkg upgrade -Fn.

Cheers,
Ken.