Free - Insteon devices

cwitter

I was wondering if anyone has any need for some old Insteon switches/dimmers/keypads? I have a ton of them laying in a box. All of them were pulled in a working condition, before I switched everything to Zwave. I also have a serial PLM too.  Anyone can have them for free, I'm just looking for the cost of shipping them. I've been falling over the box long enough and would rather not just recycle them.

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the popcorn effect. I haven't really noticed anything strange.  The biggest issue I've seen with the keypads are that they don't have anyway to turn on button to show the status of a light being on.  This leads to things being out of sync when something is turned on with Google.  The only workaround I have for that was to make the LED of the button always appear on. While it doesn't let me see the status of the light remotely, it does provide an easy way to find the switch button in the dark.  

popcorn = when you command two or more Z-Wave lights to turn on or off, they usually do so sequentially.  For Insteon lights that are part of a scene, they usually all start responding to the scene command at the same time, and if they are dimming to off at the same rate, usually go completely off at the same time.

You may not have multiple Z-Wave lights controlled by any keypad buttons, or your Z-Wave devices may be responding so rapidly that there's no noticeable effect, or you may not be sensitive to it.  In any case, some of us who have started to switch away from Insteon do see it and are bothered by it.  That's why I asked.

-Tom