Vue NS will not restart after PG3 3.1.11 upgrade

tmorse305
Go to solution Solved by tmorse305,

Something got installed that shouldn't be I think.

One of the Crypto libraries for Python doesn't work with FreeBSD and it's one that the recent version of the Python Vue library requires.  You're seeing those errors because it's trying to load that library that doesn't work.

I worked around it by creating a copy of the Python Vue library and removing the code that made use of that library. It doesn't effect the operation of the node server but is pretty fragile as if anything installs that library, it breaks.

Once a Python library is installed by the polyglot user, it is nearly impossible to remove.  Only PG3 or node servers have the right permissions/configuration to manipulate the libraries.  It's not something that can be done manually done (at least I don't know how).

I believe the problem is specifically the backends for the python-jose package.  The Vue node server specifically limits this to one backend (cryptography), but it looks like you now have other backends installed.  I think it's the pycrypto_backend that is causing the issue.

You'll probably have to submit a ticket and let the FreeBSD experts see if there's a way to remove the package.

• 1 month later...