LED brightness control

mitch236

I am confused. I have a brand new SWL ordered 2 days ago and recieved today. On the switch it says ver 5, but ISY reports v38 and does not seem to control the LED brightness, but if I follow the manual method (set button 3 sec 3 times) I can set the LED to off (which is what I want), Can someone explain these versions and lack of ISY function?

Michel, one question is that the ISY LED Brightness seems to only have the brightness "ON" Level as per the drop down box. What I am trying to do is have the LED off when the load is off, possible?

Or am I just being dumb and the is it just means how "on" the LED is regardless of load state??

I'm sure you could have the LED turn off when the load is off. You would have to write a program for it though. I can offer what I think might work, but I'm fairly new to this and there may be a better way to work it.

Ex:

If:

Status 'YourSL' is Off

Then:

Set 'YourSL 0% (Backlight Level)

Else

Set 'YourSL' 100% (Backlight Level)

ok, my brilliant idea doesn't work. It seems that I can't control the LED brightness of any of my SWL v.38. I tried writing a program that says:

If

Time is 8:00:00pm

Then

Set 'Porch' 0% (Backlight Level)

What am I doing wrong?

Hi mitch236,

Before using any programs, would you be kind enough to use the button on the Main view for that device and see if that actually changes the brightness? If it does not, would you be kind enough to send me:

1. The model number for your switch

2. The firmware version

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived