KPL button lights doing their own thing

rocketraman

So that I understand completely, let me tell you my story.

I have two buttons E and F on every keypad that i want to stay in synch. they are mutually exclusive on each keypad. They are used for two different exclusive lighting modes.

I used to set the grouping on each keypad for the two to be mutually exclusive, and then run a program (just like as shown in the example in this thread). For example, turning on button E would instantly turn off F locally but then the program would run to turn on the scene with all of button E and turn off the scene with all of button F. In the end, all the KPLs would match.

With you phasing out groupings and asking us to do it all via scenes, I reworked it:

For the scene that turns on all the E buttons, I added the F buttons with a value of 0, thinking that pressing any E would turn on all E buttons and turn off all F buttons.

I then noticed that I can't set the global attributes for the scene and that I can set it for each controller but only the local OFF works. But then what's the point?

If this DOES NOT WORK, then the groupings are required as before.

Can you confirm that I need to use groupings and go back to the way I had it before? And if groupings don't work, the program that runs will replace the grouping features, albeit more slowly and with more ISY traffic/activity.

Thanks,

Tim

i'm using 2.7.0.12

Hi Tim,

We admit defeat:

We had a requirement to provide the correct status for button groupings and mutex buttons. The only way we could accomplish this was to use the abstract concept of a scene. As such, you can now do button groupings using scenes but this would break the mutex groupings without scenes (as you noted).

Therefore, we have decided to leave both methods intact with the caveat that if you use manual grouping (not in scenes) you will not have the correct status.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived