Venstar T1800 setpoint adjustment

simonw

Seems like I can only adjust the thermostat setpoint from the thermostat keypad if the unit is in the "ProgramOn" mode. You can't do this from the ISY unless the thermostat is in the plain old "Auto" mode.

I know, maybe I should bail on the program mode on the thermostat and run it all from the ISY, but usually I'm happy with letting the thermostat do its program thing. I'd like to be able to adjust the setpoint regardless of mode.

Is this a bug? It's sure an odd "feature"

2.7.11 (I upgraded without problems today) and v2 thermostat controller.

Hi simonw,

It's not a bug. The reason we did this was that we could never reliably query the thermostat setpoint in program mode and thus we would be totally out of synch with the thermostat.

I had this tested with both of my v2 thermostats and they both exhibited random behavior in responding back with the actual set point.

With kind regards,

Michel

Seems like I can only adjust the thermostat setpoint from the thermostat keypad if the unit is in the "ProgramOn" mode. You can't do this from the ISY unless the thermostat is in the plain old "Auto" mode.

I know, maybe I should bail on the program mode on the thermostat and run it all from the ISY, but usually I'm happy with letting the thermostat do its program thing. I'd like to be able to adjust the setpoint regardless of mode.

Is this a bug? It's sure an odd "feature"

2.7.11 (I upgraded without problems today) and v2 thermostat controller.

Archived