Firmware 2.7.12 BETA is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hi all,

Thanks so very much for your patience.

If you would like to try 2.7.12 BETA, please do be kind enough to register at http://eepurl.com/ha4Z .

For a list of fixes in 2.7.12, please checkout this post:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=930

And, finally, general operations instructions:

Instructions for 2.7.8 through 2.7.12 can be found here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... hp?p=27368

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

My ISY hung after installing 2.7.12 with the power,tx,rx leds lit solid. Unplugged the plm for 10 seconds plugged it back in and after a bit the same leds were again lit solid. Unplugged the plm for another 10 seconds this time it finished booting and seemed ok. I had disabled the firewall and anitvirus programs (McAfee). I also noticed IE window didnt closed down like it has in the past. I reinstalled the new update, again the IE window didnt close fully but the ISY updated and rebooted and seems to be fine. This is the very first time I have ever had a problem installing an update (I don't know if it means anything or not).

The other thing I noticed, which is great, after installing 2.7.12 and accessing the admin console thru http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.12/admin.jnlp- Java application is that for the first time since this has been available I don't get the message window opening saying "An optional update is available. Do you want to update the application?" I have opened it numerous times today and it opens right up.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Candide, thanks so very much for the update.

Hi Tim, please do note the following:

After all the files have been uploaded, it would take at least one minute for ISY to actually install the firmware and reboot. During this time, you will get Power, RX, and TX solid on and you cannot access ISY. Please also note that if you unplug or reset ISY during this time, your ISY could become inoperable.

Would you be kind enough to retry and let me know if you still have the same issue?

With kind regards,

Michel

I updated from 2.7.6 and half way through the update. I got an error message that I didn't write down.

Must have been partly done as trying to use the backup done before the update gave a can't use this back up kind of message. Again I neglected to get the exact wording.

Tried it a second time and it went all the way and so far no problems.

I also turned off Zone Alarm the second try but don't know if that was the cause. AVG was also running and I never did find out how to turn it off so it was on both times.

Hi Brian,

Thanks so very much for the update. There could be two things which would cause this:

1. HTTP timeout was way too low in our previous firmware versions and that, in combination with firewall software, would cause issues

2. ZoneAlarm itself ... but, if you can save programs that I do not think that is the issue

With kind regards,

Michel

Question...

Listed in "Fixes in next drop" shows a bug in 2.7.12 beta:

Bug xxx - ActionTec/Westell Verizon FIOS routers blocked all TCP connectionss

Does this mean that if I am on a Verizon FIOS ActionTec router, I should avoid this beta as I will not be able to access it from outside my LAN?

Does it still allow access from within the LAN?

Hello,

I downloaded & installed 2.7.12 yesterday. For my first logg-in no problem but for the second, the lights of my ISY (PWR, RX, TX) were green & ERROR blinked. I have done several resets (PLM, ISY,...)

My config : ISY-99i, 2.7.12, Module A-X10

I have also tested the ISY-99i with another computer, same problem as soon as plug the ISY-99i to the PLM.

I have disconnected my ISY-99i & have replaced it with ISY-26 with 2.7.12. For the moment everything is ok.

Do you have an idea of the cause of my problem ?

Thanks, Denis

I would like to report that I cannot play the violin either. This could be a problem.

Please do not jump to the ISY as the problem here. It may very well be a problem with Insteon, or noise on your network and not directly an ISY issue.

Hi Denis,

That is unusual. Would you please try a hard reset of the ISY? A paper clip in the hole under the Error LED for a second.

ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Restarting_Your_ISY-99i

Rand

Hello,

I downloaded & installed 2.7.12 yesterday. For my first logg-in no problem but for the second, the lights of my ISY (PWR, RX, TX) were green & ERROR blinked. I have done several resets (PLM, ISY,...)

My prior update from 2.7.0 to 2.7.10 resulted in me not being able to get directly access my Admin console. Michel got me to to the Admin console via the UD link which I have used for the past few days.

The upgrade to 2.7.12 went smoothly and solved the direct Admin access problem also. I did have to login a couple of times before it had finished updating it's statuses. The rotating circle near the mouse is not a motif I have seen before.

Hello Rand,

I have already done several hard reset, I have also changed the cables (just to be sure), but it is the same problem, PWR, RX, TX are green & ERROR is blinking.

How can I be sure that the ISY-99i is not "died" ?

FYI : when I replace ISY-99i with ISY-26 (same computer, same cables, same PLM, same version, 2.7.12,...) I do not have this problem. So I imagine the problem is the ISY-99i.

Denis

Hello Rich,

Are you sure they aren't in your Junk folder? If not then send me a mail.

Rand

I am trying to sign up but I am not getting any confirmation emails. Is there another place to download the beta?

THanks,

Rich

Question...

Listed in "Fixes in next drop" shows a bug in 2.7.12 beta:

Bug xxx - ActionTec/Westell Verizon FIOS routers blocked all TCP connectionss

Does this mean that if I am on a Verizon FIOS ActionTec router, I should avoid this beta as I will not be able to access it from outside my LAN?

Does it still allow access from within the LAN?

Anyone?

Archived